Estimated amounts of items

So estimated value of items, why can't we all sell items for their estimated prices?

estvalues.jpg

I mean it is a bit beneficial but also quite unreasonable. Like i saw this item with an estimated price of 23K but when I went on the shop wizard to find it, it was only 27np or take the christmas paint brush as another example, it's surpposed to be 55K but search on shop wizard you fund it for 60k.

If you come to think of it its all really beneficial but when I open my shop I'll make things that should be their est. price their est. price and those who shouldn't will either be higher or lower.

Bluerang1 signing out :yes:

-------------------------------------------------------------

BlueandPets.jpg

lol, that is how the neopian economy works... the price of a christmas paint brush was actually much higher until it was given out in the 2007 Advent Calendar + it is not actually 60K - more like 45K (I know cause I have one in my shop for 50K and it has not sold yet...)

Inflation and Economy.. It is just like the real world at the moment (well atleast in NZ) Almost all consumable values have gone up and petrol seems to be the worst of them all.. Although it is ridiculous the amount we pay for milk and butter over here at the moment!! Anyway... it is just the way that the Economy works!

Wait til AA comes on, I have a feeling he might like this topic!!

The estimated value of items are created when the item is first released, and is done according to rarity and category. Because these numbers are not updated, even if inflation or deflation, their prices are usually completely off.

Even TNT warns people not to follow the Estimated Price, because it will just end up with them getting scammed.

I actually think it's about time they got rid of the Estimated Price, because there is seriously no way they could keep updating it (unless they used a program to do so) and it's just confusing.

I agree with Tom - there's no real point to the estimated value of an item, as in any free market economy the values of items will go up and down with demand, supply, inflation, and deflation. :yes: Without a program of some sort, it would be impossible to keep the estimated values up-to-date, and I'm pretty sure that a program that calculated the estimated values for every single item TNT has ever released would place a huge load on the Neopets servers.

@ Bluerang AA = Theo = Sky Shadow

I never pay attention to the est price, although it would be nice if it were somewhere close to the actualy price instead of miles off i.e. Chicken Roll est 99,999 NP - Actual value 1 NP (unless it has gone up since I last had one).

That's true - you learn pretty early on to ignore the estimated price of an item, so if TNT wants to be really newbie friendly (like they've been trying to be recently) then they should also simply get rid of the estimated price on item descriptions. It only really does harm to inexperienced players.