SPELLBOOK

schweet_angel

I'm so so so close, but I can't figure out the spellbook part. I have no idea what it's talking about.... Those are my plots for the sleeper, but where in the URL do I put it?? I mean, what am I looking for?? A room??? Or is that for a shelf or something?? I'm totally clueless... Please help someone. I really appreciate it!

(46,-73)

(86,-103)

(126,-133)

(166,-133)

(206,-103)

(246,-73)

Hiya!

With the coordinates, you have to add up each column (the X's and the Y's), and then those are the coordinates you put in your URL. If I did the math right (please double check, I'm not a mathematician!), that makes your coordinates 21 and 15.

As to where to put them in the URL, if you look towards the end of any URL in any of the rooms of the library, you'll see it say arcx=*some number here* and arcy=*some number here*. After the arcx=, put your X coordinate and after the arcy= put your Y. Upon entering the URL, you should be brought right to the spell book.

If you're not, make sure you have any/all items you've gotten while doing the plot in your inventory. That's 'caused me much aggravation in the past. ^_^;

I hope that helps. ^_^

~Zaikea

Verified - your coordinates are indeed 21, 15. :yes: All you have to do is click on the door to go into the archives, then substitute the coordinates into their correct places like Zaikea said. But it won't take you straight to the spellbook - once you arrive at the correct room, you need to search all the shelves (there will be a number of clickable books in the room) and check all the clickable books until you find one that is the spellbook. Then you're good to go. :D

Hi. I have a problem with the spellbook as well. I've added up the numbers again and again, but whenever I put them into the URL, it goes back to the main archives room.

my co-ordinates are:

-94, 45

-54, 15

-14, -15

26, -15

66, 15

106, 45

I got room 36, 90

please help!

Hi. I have a problem with the spellbook as well. I've added up the numbers again and again, but whenever I put them into the URL, it goes back to the main archives room.

my co-ordinates are:

-94, 45

-54, 15

-14, -15

26, -15

66, 15

106, 45

I got room 36, 90

please help!

I am slightly confused as to how you got the coordinates 36,90 o_O When I add up your coordinates I get 9,6 (try that) and see how far you get :)

@ firetail, you can put it in your URL, once you have click on one of the rooms so you have the correct URL, you can also just click through untill you find the correct room but that takes more time.

Are you sure that you checked every single clickable book in the room? :) You can use the 'tab' key to automatically scroll through all the links on the page so as to avoid missing any books.

Tab key didn't work for me, but it did work for other people. I also know some people who viewed the source of the page and then searched for all the links, but I can't remember how they did that, maybe AA will be able to tell you. I just went around clicking all the books on the page (there is one book on each shelf of the book stands).

Tab key didn't work for me, but it did work for other people. I also know some people who viewed the source of the page and then searched for all the links, but I can't remember how they did that, maybe AA will be able to tell you. I just went around clicking all the books on the page (there is one book on each shelf of the book stands).

I've tried it with and without the tab thing and neither work

Actually, there can be two or even three books on a few of the shelves in the room, so that could be your problem.

Also, I've calculated your coordinates and I get 9,9, so you might want to try that room. :yes:

^^^^ How the heck did you get 9,9?? I got 9,6!!

Right lets work this out:

94+54+14+26+66+106=360

3+6+0=9

9=y coordinate

45+15+15+15+15+45=150

1+5+0=6

6=x coordinate

Someone please point out where I went wrong, if I went wrong!

You are neglecting the fact that when you sum up the X and Y columns, you have to account for the negative sign. :yes: However, when you add up the digits from that sum, you just ignore the negative sign in front (at least that's held true for almost every case I've seen in the past few months).

Ahh crap.. I didn't have any negatives in mine, so I never thought about it. Ok ignore me I am wrong and as per usual AA is right <_<

Well you would have had to add up the coordinates, but if you had no negatives you would never had to have had a negative equation. Anyway.. what AA was saying is that I forgot about the negative numbers and therefore my equation was wrong and my answer.

Well, you could try clearing your web browser's cache and then have another go at searching through all of the books in room 9, 9. :yes: If it's getting too frustrating, just take a break and come back at it later.