May 15th: Crazy Carrot Panic

Awesome_Paul

This event has been going around on Facebook (and even mentioned on sky news)

Basically May 15th (just under 2 weeks away) Everyone is going out to buy carrots :P

There is no reason behind this, but it was just an idea of someone thought up over there.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9801981146

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1302697,00.html

http://panicbuyers.co.nr/

Of course on the 16th you could do anything with the carrots you brought, Leave them in cafes, cinemas etc, or give them to homeless people (perhaps bake a carrot cake)

But on that day, If anyone does wonder why you are buying so much, don't tell them about the idea, make up some idiotic excuse like:

"Its getting dark"

Act like its a daily thing and act angry

"Due to a flood, there is a shortage so I'm stocking up"

"They cure a disease"

Or my personal favorite:

"I'm going to the Cave of Caerbannog and I need to fend off a killer rabbit. You see, it has these nasty sharp pointy teeth." <(Monty Python)

~All from facebook group

or make up your own.

This sounds like something I'd love to join in. :evo:

*gasp* There are no carrot-themed emoticons for the forums! :ohno:

This sounds hilarious! Maybe I'll participate, but I currently have more bills than I have money in the bank (school loan money ran out two weeks to early :( ) So, maybe people can send their carrots to me, as I may not have any food by then... (Don't worry guys, I'm exagerating about the starving.. but not about the broke part!)

My excuse while I bought them would definitely have something to do with giant killer rabbits though. (Check out the movie: Night of the Lepus) Ha! so funny!

Or to make a remake of "Wallace & Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit" [/lame joke]

I like carrots, and my rabbit likes carrots even more than me ^_^

My excuse: "Well what else am I supposed to use for ammunition?" :P

Wow this sounds like a cool idea! But I can't believe I haven't heard about it until now...

I wish I worked at a Fruit and Vegetable shop or a market or something, because I would love to lift the prices of carrots on the 15th and then see how many people would buy them and how much money I would make.

Note to self: Buy carrots on the 15th

Well yes, increased demand generally = increase prices = increased profit, so I can see why the carrot makers & sellers are so enthusiastic about this. :yes:

Yeah, place I heard about it (got invited by a friend).

On the 16th, I think I'm just gonna walk into town with the backpack full of carrots, Every cafe, starbucks, subway, bench, tree or even shop I will place one in an awkward spot :P

With one or two, i may dress them up with celebrities (glue on hair and draw on them) and Make up a sale price. Go to woolworths (a shop) and put it on the shelf with the price next to it :P

Or I may wander around town and just hand them to people :D I will have such a great time.

Ahh, Facebook groups. How classy. Only a facebook group could think up such a thing. :)

Well we would probably have thought of it on TDN sometime in the next year or so, but would never have implemented it. :P

I think I might just bring the carrots to class and throw them at people. :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a few days late, but I only just remembered to ask about this.

How did the carrot buying go? I didn't get any, nor did I hear anything about carrots that day, but does anyone know how the panic buying went?

XD Well I had carrot soup for dinner for a while, but we didn't buy a particularly massive amount of carrots.