Hiashi

Maximum

Here's a picture i just drew and colored: Tell me what you think or what I can fix

katsuhiross9.png

I call him Hiashi since Hiashi means spreading of fire. It was the best name i could think of. have any better name?

Hey this is a great shot. I've just got a few points

He is drawn on an angle. Don't worry, most people do this due to a tendency with their hands. It you are using photoshop, you can use alt + t (transform tool) which will let you twist your image slightly to the left.

The image is also very pixalated. This could be you drew at a lower resolution, or shrank the quality too much afterwards. Usally, for digital editing, 300 pixels per inch is a good number, depending on details.

On the visible hand one of the fingers is too long (the one between the thumb and the middle, it should be slightly shorter than the middle) This will make it appear more natural.

But great job with the sword and the fire!

What program do you use? I might be able to give you more tips.

I drew it using a mouse ( i don't have a graphic tablet :( ) so i guess thats why there are lots of things messed up in that picture.

I used MSPaint to draw the whole thing but i used Corel to color it.

Awesome! You already know that I can't draw, so I can't judge any further than that. :P

Good job Maximum.. I can't draw either, so I guess that is where my comments stop too :)

@firetail: I just can't draw at all, simple as that. :P Believe me, I've tried.

I do agree that a background would be the perfect finishing touch for the image - a flaming background seems like it would fit the picture's general theme. :yes:

@ firetail.. Yes I have tried and no I can't draw.. I can finger paint though :P

Background sounds like a good idea.. I just don't know that if a flaming background is a good idea, since there are flames coming off the sword.

That's why flames are a good idea - they would create a good general theme. :P Just make them a reasonably dark red and the sword should stand out quite well (no, I'm not suddenly an art expert, I just have a little experience with graphics editing).

Hmm... that's an interesting concept actually. :yes: Flaming sword vs. some sort of water spirit?