I know I'm getting ahead of myself but...

So... yeah. Preparing myself for future plot battles already. -_-

Now, I know items are more crucial in 2P Battles, but what about 1P ones? There's arguments over Sword of Skardsen or Pirate Captain's Cutlass, Faerie Tabard or Ghostkershield, Freezing Items and whatnot.

So. My question is, will choosing say... the Cutlass make that much of a difference compared to the Sword if I only do 1P Battles? Or the Tabard or the Shield? I mean... Air icons from the Cutlass are great and all, but what's the use of those (along with 5mil I could have saved from buying a Sword), if they don't make much of a difference in 1P Battles? Are the Tabard or Shield more commonly used among BD Opponents? You know, those minor details. -_-

The Sword of Skardsen will probably serve you fine against almost all 1-player opponents. The 5m saved can probably be put to good use upgrading other parts of your set.

Neither the Tabard or Shield is used by 1-player opponents, other than Giant Ghostkerchief's Ghostkershield.

Guest Sloth Von Karma
So in that case, which defense item would be better suited for 1P? That price difference between the two isn't that big, but I'm still wondering...

The Faerie Tabard. In fact, there aren't many challengers who favor dark icons (probably the Giant Ghostkerchief and those who use SoS). You'll face many challengers who use water weapons, so you should go for the F-Tab for the best defense (challengers such as Snowager, The Drenched, Snow Beast, Chiazilla, etc).