Neopets Navigation

Brynda

Maybe I'm missing something, I actually hope that I am, but it seems to me that there is no proper navigation on Neopets. For example, I wanted to find the page that has all the Neopets images, like backgrounds, screen savers, animated pics, sketches, etc. But I couldn't find a link to it anywhere. I finally found it through this insane route: Neopets News, Contests & Spotlights, Random Contest, Previous Winners, link in the description for the 'Food is Fun' contest. That's nuts! There has to be an easier way. And this isn't the first page like this. There have been a few pages that I had to go through crazy back-roads to find. Am I missing a simple navigation page? Or are the links really just not there?

I agree that the navigation of the site is not that good, but you do get used to it. I have had a couple of people I know join up and not know where to find things, like Inventory and their shop etc. But I suppose it is just becoming accustomed to the site.

I was really hoping I would get accustomed to it, and some of it I have (though I still think finding out how to feed your pet is too hard for newbies), but I've been playing for over 2 years, and there is still a bunch of stuff that leaves me going "huh?". Thanks for the tip about Pet Central. I'm actually feeling kinda stupid on that one right now... :rolleyes_anim:

Meh we all get confused from time to time. I can never seem to find half the stuff I need. I do agree that finding the simple things should be a little easier. It is very difficult to find inventory and how to feed your pet.

Yes, but that's hardly a logical way to access your inventory (although you do get used to it as was mentioned earlier). :yes:

Being logical doesn't seem to be TNT's strong point though *chuckles*

That's true - I think the current navigation menu system is pretty efficient for most parts of the site though. :yes: It's just a few obscure, but important items that aren't properly integrated.

For the fun images you can always link it throught the news page, I find it still ok to navigate some the important sites but its just a bit troblemsome as i need to wait for the sublinks to appear on the buttons on top of the site...

XD I realised that when I was initially exploring the site and clicking all the links. :yes:

i need to wait for the sublinks to appear on the buttons on top of the site...

Odd... they load along with the rest of the page for me, so the navigation from the top menu is okay.

One thing that I always struggle to find is the Gallery of Evil and the Gallery of Heroes. Can anybody give me a way to access these through the site? (not from a direct link, but I mean from a path in the site, like from Pet Central or whatever)

I think you can get to the Gallery of Evil from Pet Central. :yes: I'll just go and check.

Edit: You could access the Gallery of Evil from Pet Central before but not any more. I'm not sure about where to find the Gallery of Heroes either...