Kou-Jong

m3l3ana

Kou-Jong happens to be one of my favourite games... I have liked it since I was a child and I used to play it on the computer, however I find the Neopets one very difficult. I started with the easy one (which is too easy, as usual) and then advanced to the medium one (which was a little more difficult) but the hard level seems to be terribly difficult and I can not seem to get passed it.

I know a lot of people don't play this game, but does anyone else have the same problem, or is it just me?

It comes with practice I guess - I remember that I did manage to finish it once, but that was quite a while ago.

Thanks! I play it almost everyday, but hmmm... guess I will just have to keep trying. Hadn't played it since I was about 14, until I came back onto Neopets.

Hi i enjoy playing Kou Jong too but not on a everyday basis as I do not have the time. I did clear all 3 stages 3 times hard mode on Sunday though.

Before the game starts try to see how the tiles look like on the bottom before they stack up to get a vague idea.

When the game begins, work at removing the uppermost tiles first and try to clear them evenly downwards if possible.

Bear in mind that each type of tile has 2 pairs (4 tokens) so try to keep track of the types of tiles that you have removed so that you know what to expect next.

If it happens that all tokens of a particular tile are open do not hesitate to remove them as they clutter the board.

Do not remove tiles just because they can be removed. Assess the map and remember if previous tiles have been removed, any same tile blocking other key tiles etc.

Also, do not make the mistake of focusing on one particular area or corner of the game. It may be fun clearing tiles in the short run but it is also a sure way to be left with no more moves faster.

Me thinks it boils down to memory and strategy, however i still have no idea how those players get the high score for Kou-Jong :S have fun playing!

Well that covers it I guess. :P By the way, isn't this game actually called Mahjongg?

WOW AA another right answer for you!!! Such a clever cookie hehe

I do try and clear the top tiles first... Guess it is just going to take a lot of practice however I guess I have never tried doing it on an even level basis *ponders*

You were being sarcastic, weren't you? :P

I only play this game every now and again when I get bored, so I'm not particularly proficient at it. But it's entertaining anyway. :yes:

You were being sarcastic, weren't you? :P

I only play this game every now and again when I get bored, so I'm not particularly proficient at it. But it's entertaining anyway. :yes:

It was sort of sarcasmn but the actual game is called Mahjongg (if that is how you spell it), it has been around for centuries :yes:

I was just wondering as prior to my post I didn't see a single person use the word 'Mah-jongg' on this topic. :P

That would be cause no one did :P Neopets have changed the game name, as they have done with quite a few.

Well yes, it's okay for this game I guess (we would expect some sort of unique name after all). It's a pity about Whack-a-Kass and the like though...

What you mean about Whack-A-Kass?

They had to change the name to Kass Basher because of some useless copyright lawsuit. <_<

Ohh ok... Didn't know that but did think the name had changed *nods*