What does your name mean?

Revenge

My given name is Danielle Jaclyn. Named after the romance writer, Danielle Steel, and some model-girl. I wish I was joking, but my mother is kind of a ditz. My first name's actual meaning has something to do with the Christian God, so I suppose it makes sense why I never use it. I hate it so.

My last name is an offense word for "German", spelled wrong. My people were German farmers. Some of them still are. We're very Deutsch, although I'm the only one who's very blonde. I'm very recessive, if you would. So recessive, in fact, my German blood recessed me all the way back into following the old religion of my people. =P

Everyone calls me Dae (DAniellE), pronounced "Day", however, and Lærke is a taken name, in much the same way Christians take a Saint's name. It's Danish for "lark". I choose a Danish name instead of German because most of the stories preserved were the Viking's versions, not the Germanic version. I take what I can get, though. The reason you get a description of that name, too, is because it's more my name than my given one.

My full name is Jasper Lee. I'm related to Theo (or AA, or Sky Shadow).

Jasper is taken (I think) from the jasper stone. From Wikipedia:

Jasper is an opaque, impure variety of silica, usually red, yellow or brown in color. This mineral breaks with a smooth surface, and is used for ornamentation or as a gemstone.

The word apparently means "spotted stone".

My middle name is Peace in Mandarin. yay culture.

p.s Patch, that's a great story about the name Crestina. lol one for the grand kids.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Haha We had to do this as in assignment in English.

My name Leon resembles in Greek as "Lion".

^_^

Well, my name's Sarah Elizabeth. Sarah is Hebrew, and it means 'Princess'. I have also seen it referred to as 'God's Princess'. Elizabeth is also Hebrew, and it means 'God is my Oath'. Not really sure how that all plays out, but I guess it works! ^_^

My parents have also said that if I had been a boy, they would have named me Matthew. I have three younger brothers, and my youngest brother's name is Matthew.

Nils: Is a Scandinavian abbreviation of the Grecian name Nikolaus. Nikolaus is built from the words victory and people

Fredrik: (directly translated: Peacerich): Is a Germanic name. It means something like king of peace, or peaceking.

Well. I couldn't find any information about my last name Sjöström. But I'll update if I find any :yes: .

Some people here have really unique names. :yes: I'm glad this topic exists. XD