Levy!!! and everyone else!

Carmi

I am not trying to upset anyone but Levy seems from the new posts to be like the graphics person. Anyways I made this for someone on the Tales forum. I know the picture is grainy and its simple but I am learning ^^. Anyways I wanted to show it off. Btw this my second full hearted attempt at siggy making. The first would be my siggy.

Requested Source

leon.jpg

What's that source, a manga?

That one's nice. Normally I would suggest a border but that one works best without. Your teacher is teaching you well! ^_^ Simple, yes. But simplicity is sometimes the best option.

Overall: 6.5/10

The image, though grainy, adds a bit of perspective.

The image doesn't appear centered (Though that might just be the effect of the text on the right)

The text uses a simple outer glow which defines the text but draws attention away from the image.

Nice work for second job. I wish I learned as fast as you.

nice job on making the sig. looks nice. i agree with levy's rating.

and maybe you should move the text to the left a bit.

my current sig is also the 2nd sig i made ^_^ but it could also be counted as the 3rd coz i fixed it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Levy and everyone! Since I trust you all's judgment would you critique my latest two sigs?

Another sig for the tales board

Guy121sig.png

This one alot of credit goes to m friend Kieran who is going to school for graphic arts. He made a tut image for me to try and recreate. This first one is Kieran's and the second is mine.

haruhi_suzumiya.png

Haruhisig.png

Lol I didn't like it to look the same.

Heh he, 'Normal not welcome' I like that. Kinda reminds me of another quote I like to use. 'I'm not crazy, I'm sane! Its the world that's crazy!'

((Sorry for the off-topiciness))

The first one: The render looks a bit too plain and the text doesn't look well with the overall work. My eyes also tend to goto the thick border.

3/5

The second one: Its missing an outer border and that's about it. The solid colors make it look a bit too childish. (Though with the render blowing a raspberry, I see why.) Text font looks good but the color could have been manipulated a bit. ((I'm having some probs finding errors, this is good.))

3.95/5 (Good, but being a recreation, not worthy of a four. sry)

Another off-topic quote: "I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away." :P

I like the way everything blends together to give the general theme in the last siggy. :yes: As for the first one, the image looks a bit plain, but the overall effect is quite pleasing to me. :)

Thank you guys. The last one is of Haruhi Suzumiya. Which is an anime I really recommend. The Normal not welcome stemmed from her saying to her whole class that unless they were espers, time travelers, aliens, or anything out of the ordinary to come find her and that she wanted nothing to do with normal people.

Well it also fits very well with the myriad of insane people we have here on the forums. :P