The Most Awesome Day Ever!!!

Absolute

Hey guys! I just got home from a half day of school that happened totally by accident. The fire alarm went off right before lunch and sprinklers ended up flooding half the school, but there was no fire. They sent everybody home early but wouldn't tell anybody why it happened. However, through my network of people I found out what happened, and it's the best thing I've ever heard. I swear upon all that is worth swearing upon this story is as true as can be.

So, a couple of guys who aren't exactly known for their intelligence were sitting in a class after taking their final. I don't know if any of you have heard of the trick where you try to flip a pencil point-up and get it stuck in the ceiling, but that's what one of them suggested doing(he claimes he was just kidding). The teacher wasn't watching, so the other guy tried it. As he launched the pencil from his desk, the first guy says: "But make sure you watch out for the sprink... ler." You guessed it, the pencil gets wedged straight into a fire sprinkler on the first shot. So, the second guy climbs up on a desk to get the pencil before the teacher can see. He stands up on the desk and reaches for the pencil... and trips, shoving the pencil the rest of the way into the sprinkler, tripping the fire alarm and every sprinkler in that hallway. Tons of expensive books and computers were destroyed and the whole school had to be emptied out (minutes before lunch, I might add.... Very loud and not fun). By the way, this was a 2nd story room right next to a stairway, which made for a very nice waterfall. The mess was bad enough that they sent everybody home for the day (except for the kid that did it, who was seen in the middle of an "inquisition" in the principal's office). The other guy, who happens to ride my bus, told me the story on the way home which is how I know.

How is that "The Most awesome Day Ever" because of those idiotic people.

The school has lost thousands worth of equipment.

They might not the budget to replace all the equipment (schools have a limited amount per year)

So If they can't replace all equipment, your school is basically ruined, and all the students won't get the proper equipment they

need

Depending on the amount of work, all your coursework/essays are gone.

Sorry if i don't understand, I just don't see how that is the most awesome day ever, Just because you got to leave early?

That would be the worst day ever. because this woulod affect your whole education.

How would this be the Most Awesome Day Ever?? Your school lost thousands of dollars worth of books, paper, equipment, and you say this is the most awseome day ever just because you saw a waterfall and got to go home early? LOL you're one of the weirdest people I ever met. Or did you think it was hilarious how it happened?

I'd have to agree with the others... schools are usually in dire need of funds for educational supplies. It really stinks that a silly stunt ruined all those books and computers. Besides, what started as an early day off for you may have dire consequences. My school was short on funds, luckily instead of sacrificing the quality of the education... it did implement other measures... such as paying $300 per semester to play sports and getting rid of the buses to the highschool. I lived 20 miles from school and my mom couldn't take me to school cause of her work schedule. Until I turned 16 and was able to drive... I rode my bike before school and back home again after cross country practice. But at least I'm smart and had good teachers. :)

Thats not good thats horrible. Basically you might have to extend your year on several days or weeks. So the guy being an idiot and possibly facing legal action. A waste of money and earths resources. is not the most awesome day ever.

Although I won't go as far as to suggest it didn't sound funny, I have to agree with the others... :yes:

Reminds me of when one of my schools had faulty plumbing, so the top floor (including the computer room) kept flooding. Students kept getting called in to rescue the computers. :S

Wow... what a bunch of killjoys. I thought it was pretty funny how it happened. There actually wasn't that much damage done, and I'm pretty sure we don't have any budget issues seeing as they just got a 20 million dollar grant to put an electronic blackboard in every classroom and give every single student a laptop (which wasn't implemented yet, or then we'd be in real trouble). Oh yeah, did I also mention my superintendant's anhd principal's 15-grand-a-year raise? Yeah, we're not too bad off. School resumed as usual the next day. Besides, the school's insurance picked up the cost anyway. So quit yer bellyaching.

crxsnochic, where on earth did you go to school? If it's a public school anywhere in the US, they're required to provide transportation. And sorry to say, you don't have to play sports.

I went to highschool in Fairborn, OH at the public high school. And in my sophmore and junior year of highschool there was no public transportation for the highschool. I would think it's required too... but apparently it's not, or it wasn't then at least. I think they were able to enforce it by some sort of vote... the support for it being that so many students drove to school, they could bring all the kids that didn't drive, plus parents could start carpools. But I lived out in the middle of nowhere by a bunch of farms... so I wasn't "on the way" for anyone to pick me up. It was finally overturned for my senior year (of course I was driving then) because my friend Dennis got in a car accident on the way to school and him and one of the two kids in the car with him died. The other kid had a bunch of serious injuries and has a permanent limp now and some really bad facial scarring. Now thats a killjoy. That's why, to me, your day seemed like such a tragedy for your school. It sounds like your school is one of a very few that enjoy good funding. Count yourself very lucky to be able to attend that school!

Oh, and sports are a necessity (at least for me!)... I'm addicted to cross-country running, and I LOVE racing... I can run by myself... but they don't let you compete unless you're part of the team!

LOL! That is the most awesome day ever! Besides the fact thousands of dollars worth of stuff is probably gone, it's fun to see dumb people get in trouble. xD

I bet he gets suspended. :P

Seeing dumb people get in trouble is fun. A dumb guy from my school got suspended for a few days last week for something stupid. My year(I go to a Catholic school) visited a small Jewish Synagogue last week and learned about Judaism for Religion (a compulsory subject <_<). So this guy not only steals a special Jewish cap but then proceeds to show it to everybody like it's his trophy or something. He got caught pretty quickly. It didn't cause any damage like the guys at your school, but it was still pretty stupid and very disrespectful :P

LOL! That is the most awesome day ever! Besides the fact thousands of dollars worth of stuff is probably gone, it's fun to see dumb people get in trouble. xD

I bet he gets suspended. :P

um he ruined at least 100k worth of equipment. Im thinking he's expelled at least. if not possible legal action

I wouldn't say 100k... if a computer isn't on, then it's a reasonable bet that if you just let it dry out it will work - probably.

hey crxsnochic i live in englewood ohio, which is a little north of dayton, neat eh? anywho how about we rename the day " the most unlikely pencil flip day ever" or something so people can quit arguing about it ok? and i think its odd you didnt mention anything about the smell of the sprinklers. that water sits in there for years and it comes out all nasty and stinky, not like t he movies. so is this story true?

I wouldn't say 100k... if a computer isn't on, then it's a reasonable bet that if you just let it dry out it will work - probably.

Thats also including books, lights, clean up, electric stuff, etc. is easily 100k.

One class in my school has over 55k worth of stuff in it

Ah... I didn't think books counted as equipment. :P

But did they have the lights on I wonder...?

I went to highschool in Fairborn, OH at the public high school. And in my sophmore and junior year of highschool there was no public transportation for the highschool. I would think it's required too... but apparently it's not, or it wasn't then at least. I think they were able to enforce it by some sort of vote... the support for it being that so many students drove to school, they could bring all the kids that didn't drive, plus parents could start carpools. But I lived out in the middle of nowhere by a bunch of farms... so I wasn't "on the way" for anyone to pick me up. It was finally overturned for my senior year (of course I was driving then) because my friend Dennis got in a car accident on the way to school and him and one of the two kids in the car with him died. The other kid had a bunch of serious injuries and has a permanent limp now and some really bad facial scarring. Now thats a killjoy. That's why, to me, your day seemed like such a tragedy for your school. It sounds like your school is one of a very few that enjoy good funding. Count yourself very lucky to be able to attend that school!

Oh, and sports are a necessity (at least for me!)... I'm addicted to cross-country running, and I LOVE racing... I can run by myself... but they don't let you compete unless you're part of the team!

Absolutely. I know I'm very lucky to go to the school that I do and try very hard not to take it for granted. And let me clarify something... to my knowlege, school districts are pretty much required to provide transportation. The only exception is if you're not required to attend, then they can suspend transportation. But then they can't punish you for not being there or declare you truant. Does your school do those? If they do, then they're required to bus you in one form or another.

BTW... I'm very sorry to hear about your friends.

um he ruined at least 100k worth of equipment. Im thinking he's expelled at least. if not possible legal action

He got both. Expulsion and a 4k fine.

hey crxsnochic i live in englewood ohio, which is a little north of dayton, neat eh? anywho how about we rename the day " the most unlikely pencil flip day ever" or something so people can quit arguing about it ok? and i think its odd you didnt mention anything about the smell of the sprinklers. that water sits in there for years and it comes out all nasty and stinky, not like t he movies. so is this story true?

Sounds good to me! Actually, the smell of the water was part of why they sent everyone home. They put this weird oil stuff in along with the water to get rid of different kinds of fires and it smells really bad. Though, I was doubting it could cause a miscarriage like a friend of mine was saying... but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I just put this up because I thought people might appreciate the irony of it. I mean, the kid wasn't really doing anything bad. It just turned out that way. There actually wasn't that much damage for those who are curious, they estimated the whole thing to cost like 10,000 including cleanup and sprinkler replacement. Only 2 classrooms were badly damaged, the one where it happened because there were like 3 cruddy computers and a bunch of old german books and the one below it that was an art class (felt bad for that class... they'd just finished making paper-machie statues for their final project and they all crumbled). Now if it had been a computer room, that would be a different story... but it wasn't. Anyway everything's cool now, little harm done. I just liked that a single bored kid was reponsible for 950+ students missing half a day of school.

I do appreciate the irony. :yes:

As a matter of fact, it goes to show how much damage you can do with a little well-placed effort. :devil: