Neopets Library

vicjw

I originally posted this on the NeoBoards but didn't get much of a response.

I would like my neopet to be more intelligent but I find most of the books out there rather expensive.

I think it would be cool if the Neopets Team made some sort of library where you could loan books for a price that was reasonable, but like a library, say, limit it to one book per neopet a week or something.

What are your thoughts?

Now chances are, this is going to be different to your idea, but it looks like a library anyway:

lenny_librarian.png

Visit the Lenny Library

In the mood for a thrilling adventure or epic tale? You've come to the right place! (Coming Soon!)

Now to me it just looks like a fancier version of the Neopedia, but it could possibly be similar to your idea (I kinda doubt it though)

Well I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what that is about... *likes intelligent pets*

It does sound like an interesting idea, although it does seem kind of unfair to pets with already huge Intelligence levels that earned their level through buying books and doing the Faerie Crossword etc.

Well that sorta sounds like an Item Database to me. I don't think TNT would bother doing that, because if they did it for books, then they'd need to do it for everything else and if one item is out of price then there will be complaints etc etc. It's way too much work and I can't see it happening on Neopets anytime soon. Some fan websites run Item Databases, but often the prices aren't exactly up to date, due to the sheer amount of work keeping up to date takes to do.

Plus they wouldn't call it a Library :P

Well if you could design a bot program to do a shop wizard search for each of the items, say, every 24 hours, and then automatically process the results and update the database, that would certainly be practical... not sure if it would be allowed though.

I'm sure there would be at least one or more illegal thing involved in that. If you were smart enough to do that, then you'd probably get banned for using bots or something like that.

Still, back on topic, I wonder what is involved in that Lenny Library. I think it will just be a revamped Neopedia, but I could be wrong...

I'm guessing that it will be a library of actual stories... maybe like an art gallery of some sort?

Perhaps it could be like an art gallery, but that's already been done. There are a whole bunch of competitions and stuff already for that.

I guess we'll just wait until TNT release it (it's been there for quite a while now)

I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever get round to it... it's probably somewhere on TNT's never-ending to-do list of ultimate DOOM!!! :P