Free Rice

Zac

Hey Everyone!

Well, for those of you don't know, there is this great new site at http://www.freerice.com. The point of the site is, while answering vocabulary questions, users can donate rice to end world hunger. I thought it would be a pretty cool idea to see who could donate the most rice.

The user that can prove that they donated the most amount of rice (ie. screenie) will win 10,000 Neopoints!

I'm not sure if this will be something of interest or not, so if you like the idea and are willing to participate, post here. If I get enough users, I'll officially start the contest.

Warning: Using freerice.com may make you smarter. It may improve your speaking, writing, thinking, grades, job performance, etc.

Edit: I am confident that this DOES work. Or else Wikipedia, CNN, BBC, and various web blogs were all lying to me.... :P

I love this idea Zac! Sign me up!

I remember there being a topic on this site a while ago. :yes:

Well in any case, I might just participate in this. b)

I think this site is a great idea. The concept of learning and aiding poverty is fantastic and creative.

Kudos to whoever invented it, you are both thoughtful and creative :D

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've decided to start this with the number of people that posted here.

Entrants:

Kittenmaster Toogood

lemonest

Dillon

Commander DOOM Garoo

Sky Shadow

Ending Date: March 29, 2008. Whenever I get on that day, so remember to screenie up before that!

Prize: 10,000 Neopoints.

Please do not cheat! The point of this contest is not to win Neopoints, but to donate rice and to improve your vocabulary. If I have any reason to believe that you cheated, you will be disqualified!

Get to it!

I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from this contest, as I am kinda busy at the moment...

On second thoughts, keep me in there. If I have time, I'll see how much I can do. :yes:

How cool, it's too late to join in the competition, but I'm participating anyways! I'm on spring break next week and will have lots of spare time! Maybe if I do well enough my numbers will help drive all the competitors to higher rice donations!

Edit: I just had a few extra minutes, so I donated 500 grams of rice in my spare time... have to go to school now, so I'll donate more later!

Well I guess I'll just take my shot now. No time like the present. :yes:

Edit: Well this was all I was able to do.

FreeRice.png

Good luck to everybody else!

Wow 11280, that's heaps!

I suppose thats the number to beat now. I'll work on it later and hopefully I'll have a score that can beat that by the 29th. I'll just need some patience...

That's a lot? All I did was answer a question every few minutes as I did my work... *shrug*

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Topic started requested that it be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.