My New Set

antiaircraft

Well I was bored enough to go and spend a few hours putting together a new siggy and avvie. They aren't really that good, since I didn't put that much effort into them, but I'm looking for some critique on the set anyway.

Feel free to rant on for several pages if you like.

The sig is too dark to be seen unless the brightness on your screen is set at 100% You might want to look into that, I like to set my setting to around 60%. I am sure others will agree. This is something graphic artists have to keep in mind, how other people will see their finished work.

Avatar's good though, a little pixelated though.

Overall, 3/5

Meh. 4/10.

It's much to dark. I had to lean forward to my screen and squint just to read the words. I wouldn't have put the text "Now you see me, now you don't" with a picture of plane on it. Doesn't make much sense to me. if you hadn't overdone it on the transparency, and kept the words white, it might have been better. ;)

The avatar is really nothing special. Isn't it just a picture with a border? I would suggest at least putting your name onto it. :)

There's my rant. Hope you like it.

Hmm... I was actually trying to make the text hard to read. :P I guess I'll reduce the transparency a bit and brighten the image (my screen brightness is usually set around 50% somewhere... maybe I just have a brighter screen).

As for the "Now you see me, now you don't", I would have thought an F-35 Lightning II (a multi-role stealth fighter) flying at low altitude in low light levels would have been relevant enough.

The avatar isn't just a picture with a border by the way. It's two renders and an edited background with a border. :yes:

Okay....that makes sense... I think. I'm not much of a "fighter plane person".

I think its kind of obnoxious for someone to make a graphics with hard to read text. I mean, you might as well not have any. You know what I'm saying? ;)

Unless the hard to read text somehow incorporates into the theme of the graphic (like your siggy for example :) ). But yeah, I get what you're saying. :yes:

I updated the siggy, so the text should be easier to read now (clear your cache if the change isn't showing).

Much better. (If you haven't guessed, I am extremely picky. Just ask Xepha.) I would also suggest that you choose a different font, the font you chose just doesnt match the "theme" of your set. You might also consider adding tex t to your avatar.

I'll add that to my list of things to do 'sometime' (probably in a month or so :P ). I think I might also try running the avvie through a sharpening filter.