Neopet Diesease Question

Miss Red

I hate to be "that newbie" here on the boards, but I have a question about a disease that my pet luckily contracted from the Quasalan Epillibox *grumble*grumble*grumble*.

She's got Reptillioritus - now she's not a battle pet, and really all my time on Neopets lately has been for solving the darn 3 Mods on the ROS plot. This is actually the first time that any of my pets have been ill (and I've been playing for almost 2 years now).

So on to my question:

After a certain period of time do diseases just "go away"? I honestly don't have the money saved up to spend over 100k on the cure right now, and since I don't fight with her can I just wait a little while and see if it goes away?

Thanks in advance!

-Red

Nope, they do not go away by themselves, but if you visit the Healing Springs, there's a chance that your pet will be cured free of charge! You can try every 30 minutes. ;)

Oh! Thanks a bunch - I didn't even think about that. I'll definitely give that a try.

It'll keep me from going cross-eyed on these 3 mods.

-Red

yeah my pet got the same disease and the cure is about 100,000 if i remember, so shes been running around sick for about a month. it really sucks

Oh! I'm glad mine isn't the only one!

The cure is just too expensive for me to purchase right now. Once I (hopefully) finish the 3 mod messages on the plot then I'll go play games like a mad woman to buy it. *lol*

Thanks!

-Red

Oh! I'm glad mine isn't the only one!

The cure is just too expensive for me to purchase right now. Once I (hopefully) finish the 3 mod messages on the plot then I'll go play games like a mad woman to buy it. *lol*

Thanks!

-Red

Don't worry about buying it, hun. I have more than enough points to get it for you. In fact, I'm bidding on it as we speak! I hope you enjoy it once I get it for you.

To save yourself thousands of Neopoints I suggest just going to the Healing Springs every 30 Minutes eventually your disease will be cured.

That particular cure is so expensive because the disease it cures can come from the Qasalan Expellibox (which is now a daily). Since a huge number of people are now trying the Qasalan Expellibox every day, there are bound to be a huge number of pets getting Reptillioritus, and therefore there are many, many people looking for the cure. In a free market economy like the one in Neopets, increased demand results in an increased price (all other things being equal).