1np Item Collections

Stephi

I was surfing the Neopets - er - ness... and I came across a bunch of people that, like myself, collect 1np items. There are pet pages about people collecting 1np items and they list people and what they collect so that if other users come across "junk" they can give it away to people instead of having sit in your shop forever or go from one Money Tree lurker to the next. I think that listing this type of thing, or even just listing people's collections, would be a great page on TDN. It would be visited by more people than just those signed up on it. It would also encourage generous behaviour.

Another way to give items, if just giving them away isn't your thing, is to trade them. So someone puts up a 5np item, or a 1np item and someone trades them the corresponding number of 1np items they're looking for.

It beats looking in the shops, for sure ^_^

I'm not bias at all, I just usually type in Left first when looking in the shops and then get bored of refreshing by the time I change to Right. :P

I thought it would be a good idea for those of us that seem to have a collection of junk in our shops and it won't sell. You can wait days and weeks for someone to come across it, or you could find someone that's looking for them. If you're not keen on giving up/donating your nps to others, then you can trade a lot of people for other junk items, or say 5 old rotten sandals for a lime jelly.

It would also provide a list of people collecting other things, say slushies, and encourage links to wishlists so if you're cleaning our your SDB you can make a deal with those people.

Btw junk items will sell faster if there's more than one of them in your shop... us collectors don't go through all shops, usually just those that have 2 or 3 of what we want.

I usually just discard my junk items. XD But I'll fill my shop up with some in the future.

lol, I'm one of those compulsive collectors you're talking about... I currently have:

Glow-in-the-dark Moon: 252

Magic Crystalline Kelp: 965

Green Clam Shell: 1572

I even have a petpage dedicated to my collection at www.neopets.com/~zoo4330

Go fellow collectors!

I'll keep you in mind Steffi when I come across sandals next!

Don't discard your items! Eek! If nothing else they can make someone else happy.

And Julie, I'll keep you in mind for your collections too. Thanks

I didn't know that some people collect junk items. :whistle:

Now I know that I can make somebody happy with these sandals, bath plugs, rock fishes, etc. :P

Don't discard your items! Eek! If nothing else they can make someone else happy.

Yup, that's why I always donate my junk items - at least I know it'll make someone else happy. :laughingsmiley:

Or maybe not. :sad01_anim:

I try to avoid donating junk - it just clogs up the money tree.

I will, however, see how much success I have at selling junk.

I try to avoid donating junk - it just clogs up the money tree.

I will, however, see how much success I have at selling junk.

If anyone that usually discards or donates junk wants to see it go to people that want it, I'm working on constantly having jelly/omelette trades up, so you can offer whatever you don't want (I think like 3-5 items for a jelly, 7-10 for an omelette) and I'll make sure it gets to compulsive junk collectors (lol). That way you don't need to clog your shop with items that might take weeks to sell.

You can also check out the petpage for The Giving Tree and check out the list of collectors do send it yourself.

Either way, I like seeing people excited about getting a rotten left boot. It makes my day and I'll gladly forfeit a few nps for their happiness. :P