Is it a bug?

xygnal11

Nope I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, I've heard that lots of people are getting green apples instead of prizes (it happened a few days ago with the skunk prize things). TNT must having a joke at some peoples expense :P

I also think this is probably another of TNT's practical jokes (remember last year?). However, the possibility of a glitch of some sort can't be ruled out yet.

well, if it's a PJ(practical joke) then why would creators of NP would give out apples instead of the original items.

I mean, the last joke was about the pea thing.... I think neopets has gone too far!

Personally, I suspect it's a glitch. The pea thing last year happened once and was announced as a prank the next day; more importantly, it happened to *everybody*, so nobody was at a disadvantage. On the other hand, the apple thing has been occurring for a few days now and is only happening to random people; resulting in some people getting worthless apples and other people getting prizes, which is extremely unfair (since everyone's supposed to get the same prizes, that's how the Advent Calendar works by TNT's own definition, and the people who got apples aren't getting their real prizes later.) I know everyone is suspicious of TNT and all, but I honestly don't think they're out to be unfair to random people just because they can. So I really doubt this is a purposeful prank.

I suggest submitting a bug report if you don't get your prizes, it can't hurt anyway; hopefully this week's Editorial will shed some light on the apple problem one way or the other.

I doubt that, I think Adam and Donna left ages ago.

We'll just have to wait until the Neopian Times, there will probably be a response in the editorial about it this week (it will probably mention whether it was a glitch or a prank)

Perhaps this is related to the virus problem? Maybe the virus was programmed to mess up the AC as well as the computers of innocent Neopians?

Well, it's happened to me once and once to a friend. I don't know what is it, but we both just bought the items. It's not like they cost a lot when every one gets them, but you're all right - it does seem like an unfair prank when it doesn't happen to every one at once, and if it even happened more than once to some people, it's deffinetly unfair!

Earlier I checked out the AC and all I got are 2 Apples(green). I'm suppose to get a Marching Glockenspiel and a Christmas parade poster. Is it a bug or what?!

I wonder if its happening because the Green Apple is the very first item EVER on Neopets. That might have something to do with it, but I doubt that. ^_^

Perhaps... that makes me think: which came first, the Green Apple or the Chia? If the Green Apple was first, it would be utterly useless, and if the Chia came first, it would get hungry and you would have nothing to feed it with.

Wait... that definitely means they came at the same time.

On a side note: After realizing that Green Apples gave two meals, and thus were more economical in usage of my inventory (which is rather full due to certain unrelated circumstances), I bought a whole bunch. (: