Reminder of Computer Games!

xXMoonlightXx

Golden rules:

1. Never use the word "Want" on online/petsite games

Why? Just a friendly reminder that this is for entertainment not a job! You need to sometime go outside and appreate the simpler life. Go read a nice book. I seen it people scedules drastically change when they have a computer. Why not go camping or to the beach? Some people will never get it. Take neopet addict for example. they would use illgeal hacking (government not neopets rules!) just to get some stuff or be a TNT for once. My mom always say If you play too much pause and think.... Are you having fun? =D

2. Don't give out personal information

Why? I seen this on news billions of times. Those who are weak will show there idenity to the public and wil be blackedmailed and threatened. Don't trust anyone! just because you saw him/her for a couple of weeks/months/years! Does not prove the point he/she is safe. Only show those who you know are. Let say some random person say he is the person you know. Then test him like ask a question like "If you are *name* then what is *question*? If the real *name* would know it he will answer it with no hesitation. Also it good to rember that age has nothing to do with his life or anything. He could just put a fake age in! Watch out.... You'll never know when these type of people will appear hmmph.gif

3. Don't lie your age when your in an adult site!

Why? "Darn! I have to be 13 to make an account for this site i know! I'll simply make my age older!" is not a 100% good idea. When they say your too young.... Your too young! No question added. if you feel your old enough for this why not ask your parents? They know how mature you are and will know if your ready for a certain site. Please don't lie about your age if your in a 13+ site. They want to protect you from grown-up stuff that your not ready to deal with. I did this once and I cryed. It's because people stated swearing at me for saying something wrong and stuff... It not wise and it just wrong I guess you have to wait your right age to go to that site....

Well that all I could remeber... If you want to add more be my guess just a friendly reminder to you folk how dangerous internet is... Neopets may be a children site, but it doesn't change the fact it can be a target for people who will blackmail/threaten little kids that why Tnt forbids 12 year olds and under from this. Trust me... You'll regret it if this ever happens

Nice advice and whatnot.

However, this doesn't really apply to 'computer games'.

More like online games. That's just me though.

well not those flash games like meecra chase but yes public games. it dangerous you'll be suprised how many weirdo are out there just soley playing neopets to blackmail little girls. What they do is pretentd to be a friend give them couple of stuff. ask a couple of question and stuff like where you live. And finally bad things will happen. It really does'nt matter hoiw long you known him /her

That's perfectly true - a sad fact of life nowadays is that there are total amateur villains running around and doing stuff like that.

This is good advice by that way, although I can't deny that I have a web identity or two with a fake age. :shiftyeyes_anim:

well not those flash games like meecra chase but yes public games. it dangerous you'll be suprised how many weirdo are out there just soley playing neopets to blackmail little girls. What they do is pretentd to be a friend give them couple of stuff. ask a couple of question and stuff like where you live. And finally bad things will happen. It really does'nt matter hoiw long you known him /her

I'm not surprised at all.

We recently reviewed about online predators in Health Class.

And it's not just little girls that are targets, believe it or not.

I'm not surprised at all.

We recently reviewed about online predators in Health Class.

And it's not just little girls that are targets, believe it or not.

know teenagers too! I mean how could they do this that why neopet restrict words so no one will know what te other is saying. Despite all the restriction there still chances the chile or teenager can be blackedmailed

People are smart enough to bypass any fixed system. It's how our brains are built.

But those wannabes are just wasting their intellects. Online predators are just too sad...

I know billions of storys of onlone predators

I feel sorry for online predators espensially neopet addicts. they want to know what it likes to be a TNT so years thy studied how they get into the account illgealy through government it not one of those simply "your account is frozen" thingy. it far worse than that. it actually going to jail. Can you imagine that? Neopet addicts would go this far just to go to adam/TNT account. It disgusting to think what they do everyday. Sitting on their chair trying to hack into the account non-stop. So illgeal O,o anyway that my theory sometimes neopet addicts who account got frozen would get angry since they don't know what to do for the rest of there lives would hack into account to screw up the site but anyway there are many maniacs I won't go further =/

Uh Jennifer, that's not what an online predator is... I don't really want to discuss what they are though.

I know what they kare they are people who do bad stuff I am not suppose to say in the forums just say they blackmail them. But some freaks do those weird stuff ><

What you're basically talking about is hacking. People gaining unauthorized access to information.

Online predators are somewhat different, since they don't try to compromise the computer system, they just mess with other people. I won't go further.

I never put them in the same catagory anyway who do you think worser online predators? or hackers? I say online preatadors since there playing with kids/teenagers life =/

Online predators are definetly the worst.

And you say all Hackers are bad. Roughly 30% of Hackers are bad, the rest just hack for ethics.

My mate is a hacker, and he only targets racial sites etc. (and he is probably the most famous hacker in the web, and he does not target random sites) All he does is bring down racial sites and the bad type of hackers.

So please do not talk like all Hackers are evil.

I agree with Vivi on that count. There are some hackers who are hired by companies to test their security as well.

And online predators have about as much to do with hackers as a fish has to do with computing.