Babysitter Code

Captain Awesome Pants

Okay, I was wondering... If you babysit a child who refuses to go to bed, could you like make up some story about how if they don't go to bed then you could be taken away by the Babysitting Police.

I just randomly thinking aobut it cuz my friend is having that problem. I haven't had a 'sitting gig in a while, so if anybody encounters a child like this, could you possibly try it out? Or something like it...

I'd say that would be alright, as long as you don't warp warp the child's mind or scare the heck out of them. I'd say it probably depends on individual children and how you think they'd react.

• 2 weeks later...

The baby I babysit loves cars, motorcycles and dinosaurs so what I say to him is "it's time to go to sleep and tomorrow we're going to have a lot of fun. We'll go see the dinosaurs, cars and motorbikes!" Or I simply lay down on the floor next to his bed and he goes to sleep XD. It's better if you don't "threaten" the child because, everytime he doesn't do something he might think something bad will happen to him.

See, I'd be wary of that, only because kids are scared enough of things as it is, and I'd worry that they'd become afraid of the police. Of all of the things you wouldn't want children to not trust, it's law enforcement.