Cyber-bullying

antiaircraft

This is a rather sad story: http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=3903188

I mean seriously: a parent - who should know how damaging cyber-bullying can be, and who should be a pillar of the community - befriends a child (who she knows) online under a fake identity, then begins abusing her AND encourages other children in the community to do the same, finally driving the child to the point of suicide. This is a gross misuse of the internet.

This is horrible. Anyone here who thinks that Myspace should be shut down say 'Aye'

Really, Myspace is more hurtful than helpful. And if I can live without it then anyone can.

I'm not sure if there's a legal way to shut it down actually, although I guess they could sue it. Still, 'Aye'!

• 2 weeks later...

I heard about that Megan girl who hung herself. Pretty awful things human can do to oneanother.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/us/04sui...PNYbJxLMMW8VMIQ

Apparently some top brass guy said that there wasn't sufficient evidence to press charges.

Well for some people that's possible (like me, since I have no life...), but in this case the girl was driven to suicide. I guess it comes from having somebody get close to you and then turn on you.

What a horrible disgusting little jerk! I mean why would she do this? God will punish her badly... How dare she do this i wish i wknow her hotmail to give a peice of my mind.... Absolutly disgusting....

Well apparently she's protected by the law. :sick01: I mean, seriously, protecting people like that under the law? That's just stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not into social networking or such, but they should at least regulate those sites better.

And this girl wasn't killed/raped - she was upset to the point where she committed suicide.

The thing is, this is somewhat worse than straight killing because the girl's emotions were messed with until she couldn't stand life anymore.