NEOPETS HAS RIVAL???!!! COME HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS!

xXMoonlightXx

The basic ones..

- Not hiring a decent team of artists. There is only one person who draws mediocre art for the site. And she has since day 1.

- Not hiring more people to help maintain the site. When there's an error with coding or something, it can go unfixed for a week or more.

- Choosing some poor features around the site.

- Bad advertising. 90% of new users seem to be 11 year old girls.

He does talk to the public but so do a lot of owners of small pet sites.

I know what you mean he hired ads filled with ummm unappriatote sexual content and alot of ads asaying YOU WIN! which bugs me alot

Adblock does a good job with those ads. :P

But still, even Neopets' advertising is getting worse.

yes i agree putting down that virus *sign* when will they learn >< see that what happens when sites last long uhhh

I'd like to point out that difficulty =/= quality.

Just because Marapets is easier doesn't mean that it is a better game, it just has less to work for.

Oh, and Marapets is based off of IPB with mods, so... I wouldn't give it much credit.

Petsites have been around for a long, long time.

Marapets is nothing special, nor new. ;)

Not anymore. mara doesn't use IPB.

ANyway marapets too easier you buy orphing potions off of a shop and stuff in marapet white, brown etc. are not that rare and stuff =/ he made it tooo easy

• 2 months later...

im on mara.. it it a total hopeless remake of neo.

the pets/graphics/games are all pretty bad. i dunno why i still go on there, but yeah.

if it had a BC sort of thing then i would love it a lot more.

anyway my username is brownbunny22 if anyone wants to talk to me. (and please do.. its terribly boring)

• 1 month later...

I tried going on a few dirfferent sites but they were no where near as good.

Like Subeta.. they have really cute pets and awesome colors, ( like koras.. and colors like galactic and darkmetter..spectrum) but its so confusing to get around and everything. I got annoyed and quit. After ONE day.

Neopets PWNS.

I agree with sparkie :3 . There are other similar sites available and I wouldnt condemn others for using them but for me, Neopets is user friendly, and has well established forums and fansites such as TDN. Neopets can be so much more than other sites; if i want to release stress I can play zen games, if I want to see how lucky i'm feeling I can go play Tombola, I can bet for neopoints, I can banter with noobs on the neoboards. Other sites may have these things but they've not really stood the test of time in my book!

I personally prefer Neopets because I know that if I dont have the time or find myself having a new fixation, I can always return to Neopets. Sure, my neopet maybe a little upset and angry but with a lil TLC it's like I never left.

• 4 months later...

after the last thread about marapets, i kind of feel bad for them...i can't get addicted to another pet website though. o_O too time-consuming.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than 14 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.