Braces

Parshy

everybody says I'm getting braces and stuff but my mom too poor to buy them=C

Well, yeah, I didn't have unique teeth like Smumpkins, but after braces, my teeth are now straight and white. ^^

If it still hurts, just take some Advil or Tylenol. I think it hurts more when your teeth are in really bad shape. I had only an overbite, and one tooth was crooked, so the pain lasted for about 1-2 days for me. I think the worst part of the braces were the chains, which are like braces, but twice the pressure. Be lucky that you probably won't get them until your last 3-4 months of braces.

Just make sure you floss and brush really well, otherwise you'll get a cavity.

How long are you to have braces? I had mine for only 1 and a half years.

• 1 month later...

I know how you feel.. I got my braces about a month ago and wednesday I'm going to get them tightened. :worried: It hurts a lot like you said. I'm sorry to tell you, bu the pain never really goes away :sad01_anim: It gets better, but the sad truth is that it gets worse the longer you have them. Although your teeth may stop hurting after a few days, the brackets begin to CUT INTO YOUR LIPS AND CHEEKS!!! Also, my BFF has had hers on for five years because she never flossed, so you might want to floss.

P.S. WATCH OUT FOR RUBBER BANDS!!! :shiftyeyes_anim:

I currently have my braces on for a second time, and I expect my current ones to be on for quite a long time. My teeth were originally so bad, that if I went to probably any other dentist, they would have just pulled my teeth out and given me dentures. :hannibal:

I had braces for five years due to an overbite that rivaled Howdy Doody's :crying: Sometimes, if the pain gets really bad, you can try something called Oragel. It's something at your drugstore and you can rub it on your gums; it will make them a little more numb while your teeth are shifting. If your lips are getting cut up a lot by the braces themselves, you can get wax in different flavors to put on the outside of the braces to act as a buffer between your skin and the metal. (I know it sounds gross, but it's a lot better than having shredded skin, really!) Also, cold liquids such as milkshakes, ice water, etc. helped me a lot when I was getting the "power chains" put on my braces. I hope this helps, and good luck!

• 6 months later...

I had braces near the end of primary school but I guess I was lucky since mine never hurt - I just had a top brace that could be taken out at any time. I'm sure they all have different names but I don't know them! :) They were the kind were you couldn't see any of the brace along the front teeth.

I always had to take it out to eat though! :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post to topics unactive for more than 14 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.