Greatest Invention?

Guest Kaguroi Haato

• 2 weeks later...

During my lifetime?

I haven't been alive that long, but I would say Wikipedia.

An awesome over-all invention!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Dominic, you must be the oldest person EVER!

Being alive since the pencil was invented :P

But for me, It will be unusual but I would have to say steam wallpaper stripping machine.

Mainly because without these, you would seriously damage your wrist if stripping wallpaper with a scraper.

I would know I done both ways, First I used the scraper for 2 hours, my wrist/arm was killing me, and i didn't even get a quarter of it off.

With the steam machine, the wallpaper comes off in seconds (well you have to leave it ion the wall for 30 secs to heat it up.

I don't think I've added mine yet, and its my topic! ^^;

I have to say Photoshop is the greatest invention in my lifetime. (The first version was released in 1990, the year I was born)

• 3 weeks later...

The Cell Phone but far, since you can call someone in China if your in New York. b)

Well I think the internet is the greatest invention, I just don't know whether I was alive or not at the time...

I'm surprised that nobody has said the Mac OS Leopard or the iPhone. But what can I say? I'm a true Mac geek now.

Apple products are by far some of the best inventions of my lifetime. I'm sure in 50 years though we'll be watching our holograms and reading news off our walls from Windows Surface. :P

Well I think the internet is the greatest invention, I just don't know whether I was alive or not at the time...

Found that quite interesting, The internet, though half of us has no clue when it was made :P

So I been doing some research (well 5 minutes) and this is what I found:

Well The idea first popped up when Packet wswitching was invented around 1960. Though this was only for military use for faster communications.

Then there is all other informations.

But the World Wide Web was invented early 1990's

I could go into so much detailed, But they are the main dates :P

The computer is awesome. How was life in the 1940's, btw? XD

As for my own favourite invention...I'm not so sure ^-^ While I want to say fingerprinting (because where would CSI be if there wasn't that ;-; ) I am not a child of the 80's. I guess...I pick MP3s. *nod* 'cause, awesomeness, omg.