Password Checkpoints

Zac

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to know if anyone knew where I could find the code that was used in the TDN 'Ian's Missing' plot. This particular code was the one where you had to enter a password and if you got it wrong, an error page appeared, and if you got it right, it led you to another page.

Does anyone know the code and/or tell me a place where I can find it?

Thanks! ^^

I can give you a code I think i want here for it but lemme check my hosts support forum. You have to have htacess though. One wont let you view it but you also have to have a user name too.

They weren't the same, they were simple little javascript password protectors. I think they were after an on page thing. I can give you the java website we got it from for the redraws...

No....that was just that simple page protector :P which kind of defeats the purpose of the page because I dont want people to know the page url befroe they enter the password....

And the one on beta was .HTACCESS so that won't work either :P

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

exactly :P

I know of one where it takes you to the page with the same name as the password you inputted, so if the password was "cheese" you just name the protected page "cheese". Ill see if I can find it for you.

I PMed Sam. Here is his response:

Hey Zac,

Unfortunately, not only do I no longer hold the code, it was a complex piece of PHP that worked in conjunction with a MySQL database, for added security.

I'm pretty positive that if you Google 'free password protection html' or something similar, you'll get an easier and simpler code, that uses JavaScript. However, they're not too secure - you can usually find the password in the source code. Apologies!

Regards,

Samuel

TDN Head of Content

Anyways, I think I found a suitable code and Im currently modifying it...

Keep your fingers crossed!