Brain Teasers 2

Myriad

There's a code breaking game on Neopets? *runs off to find it*

I am a codes person after all.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rofl! Yep, the answer is Congratulatins Code Breaker. Good job on figuring that out! It was supposed to be a hard one. :)

This nezt one can have 3 answers.

I like beavers. They give me a place to swim.

I am a word that can mean hard, rigid, fixed, unmoving, and determined.

I am an 80's "Rock Star" with a white line across my face.

An 80's punk band wanted to exterminate me with their "spray" name.

Who am I and what is the word?

Did you copy and paste that answer? Because it sounds exactly like the answer from Braingle.com.

A dam ant. (An ant in a dam.)

Adam Ant (80's rock star with a line across his face.)

Hard, fixed, determined, etc are all synonymous with adamant

It's cheating to look it up. Sorry, but I'm not going to give you any points for that answer. :(

The next brain teaser:

What is significant about the following dates?

November 16, 1936

August 27, 1728

September 24, 1944

December 7, 1008

Actually, I never look up answers. Like I've said before, I've read up on riddles since I found this thread. If it makes you feel better, I'll lie and say that I looked it up.

I wont be participating anymore because you think I'm cheating.

o_O ...

Ahem. Yeah.

I remember the riddle above very clearly, since we had a sort of unofficial riddle contest at my school about a year back. That was the riddle that I couldn't solve... but since I know the answer already, I'll leave it to the others.

Um. Whoops. I sent Ryuuk a PM to apologise, since he probably won't be around this thread. . .

Thanks for leaving that one. :) Next time I'll post one that you haven't heard!

Simple math. We did this riddle in math class (and history class) last year (freshman year) to see if we could square the month number and multiply the answer by the day. If you do it correctly, you'll get the precise year you see in the riddles. I'm not going to show you how I did the math; figure it out yourself.

BTW, those who are wondering why I'm answering this riddle, it's because Myriad messaged me and we got it straightened out.

Thanks for leaving that one. :) Next time I'll post one that you haven't heard!

That's no problem - it's simply that I spent a good portion of my life trying out more than my fair share of riddles (with 'riddles' being used as a generic term). :P

Exactly. If anybody wants to know how to do the maths, just ask me. It's kind of complicated.

I hope no-one has heard this one!

Which proverb is hidden below?

Laughing out openly kills bees. Even foxy orangutans relish eating yellowy orange umbrellas. Leopards eat angry people.

This is just like one that you've had up before. Like the "Congratulations code breaker" one. Take the first letter of each word and you'll get:

"Look before you leap."

Laughing out openly kills bees. Even foxy orangutans relish eating yellowy orange umbrellas. Leopards eat angry people.

See?

L o o k b e f o r e y o u l e a p

Whoops. It was kind of like the other one. :* Okay, the next one is:

I'm called the Evening star,

or Morning star,

It depends on when I'm seen.

In the early 1960's

I was wearing blue jeans.

Well the answer that pops into my head is Venus, although I have no idea what it has to do with blue jeans.

I never actually looked through a telescope. *sighs* I want to. And yes, the answer was Venus!

This next one isn't that good. Sorry, I was in a rush. :(

On my own I am double and can support myself,

With another I'm trouble if I've undone myself.

What word am I?

At first I thought it was "double" because it says "On my own I am DOUBLE and can stand on my own. . ." but then I got to thinking about a friend of mine, Frankie, who's got some problems with his legs. The answer is "brace". The dictionary definition of 'brace' is 'to support'.

Brace is the word because braces come in pairs (double) which you can use for many things. If they came undone while you were using them, you'd be in big TROUBLE.

Don't we all? :P

I haven't looked through a telescope before, but I've done plenty of fiddling with microscopes.

Rofl. xD Who needs "A Life" when you have Brain Teasers?

I think at least one person would have heard this riddle before. Oh well. I like it. :)

Ray Whitcombe was found dead in his office at his desk. The police have narrowed the suspects down to three people:

Mrs. Barbara Whitcombe, Ray's wife

Mr. Jason McCubbins, Ray's business partner

Mr. Harold Nichols, Ray's best friend

All three visited Mr. Whitcombe the day of his murder, but all three provided the police with stories of explanation as to the reason for their visit.

Police found Mr. Whitcombe with his wrist watch still on his right arm, a torn up picture of his wife laying on the floor beside the trash can, and an ink pen in his right hand. On the desk, the police found a name plate, a telephone that was off the hook, and a personal calendar turned to the July 5th page with 7B91011 written on it. After examining this evidence, the police knew their suspect.

Who was it?

That must be the business partner because 7B91011 is months. B is a 8.

7 = July B=8=August 9 = September 10=October 11= November.

J A S O N .|

_________|

I hope that it's the right answer because it was hard to "see".