Guild Banner-Can you rate it?

Shattered_Ribbon

Ok, here are my ratings:

Subject: It has a nice, feel-good scene, but I would have liked to be able to see (is it Cloud? Sora?) the guy a bit more. 8/10

Lettering: Good texturing and a great font make the words look quite stunning. The blue is a bit too close to the colour of the background for me though, I think I would have preferred it in green. 9/10

Background: Not bad but too bright. I can harldy see the clouds or what looks like a ship's sail. this is the only point I don't like much. Sorry! 5/10

Added effects: The border is great but is hard to see at some points because of the brightness of the background. Not bad though, and a nice border all the same. 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10

I would have given a higher score, but I really hate the over-exposure of the background. Other than that, it's awesome and looks very effective.

Crusher

Yeah, I like your first posted picture because it would really blend nicely into the background. However, the second picture just seems kind of bland, and would look nice if it had some kind of border/effect. Other than that, really nice. :glasses:

Ok, here comes my ratings for pic 2:

Subject: Don't take this the wrong way, but it's boring. It's just a profile of two girls doing nothing. I also would have liked them to have not been softened around the edges, it makes them feel apart of the background instead of the foreground. Still, the actual graphics of the girls aren't bad, and their positioning on the graphic are perfect. 7/10

Lettering: I love the font face, and the shadow definately helps it stand out. One major gripe for me though is the colour. The blue is way too close to the background, and unfortunatelly makes a beautiful font start to blend in to the background. Perhaps a blood red or even a bright colour would be better. I still love the lettering though. Nice phrase too, blending Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts into Final Heart. 8/10

Background: Um, what is the background? Are they underwater? And what are the blurred white spot things? Anyway, the background is a nothing background, too bland. A nice scene would have been nice, if you wanted something blue then perhaps you could have used a harbour. Not great, and blends into the girls' outfits. Sorry! (I hate rating lowly). 4/10

Added Effects: The edge actually helps in terms of helping the lettering stand out, and it's the only dynamic thing about the image. A border or something to help the girls stand out would have been good, and I think it's a bit too soft. 7/10

Overall: It lacks energy and an eye-catching subject, some nice ideas though. 6.5/10

Crusher

I guess if you actually played the Final Fantasy game, you'd understand where the background comes from. That's Yuna and Lenne. Yuna will be performing a song--1000 words. Here, it's a picture (I can't find the exact one I used..this one is much worse quality) but this is the basic image I used. The only things I did was touch up on the lights and add border+guild logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall I would give picture number one 8.5 out of ten.

First because I would like to see who she is hugging (I see now it was Tidus... since you said so) and secondly because I think the blue font needs to be a little softer or a different color. I found it hard to look it.

Otherwise its beautiful! I really love the overexposed look in the back and having it fade to white with a guild will make it look amazing.

Picture two: 7/10

Just because I didn't know what they were doing but it still looks good!