Finger Injuries..T-T

Shattered_Ribbon

Sheesh, 3rd week of school, and I already get hurt. =S While playing football, the ball "just" happened to land on my index finger, and it *crunched* down. Now, if I hold my hand straight, the finger is the only one that is bent and is crooked. I can't open it up all the way, or close it down all the way. It has swelled, and I have put ice onto it. Does anyone know how long this will last/Has anyone experienced this before? It looks extremely weird (but doesn't really hurt that much), and I can't even play the piano.

I personally think you may have caused some injury to it, but if it's not hurting it probably isn't fractured. May I suggest that you have tweaked the nerve in the muscle? Anyway, you should probably put it in a splint and avoid any pressure on it at all.. I reckon you should visit the doctor if you still have it in two days. If it is in your dominant hand, try to not use it when writing, and definately avoid the piano as that will only put extra strain on it. Make sure not to sleep on it as well.

Crusher

yeah, tape that finger to your middle finger, all nice and straight, and it should heal. If it doesnt work, take a trip to your local emergency room or Clinic and get it checked out :) (Or if you have to pay (thats why Canada pwns) ask someone who mighttve had it happen before :) )

If it's bent to the left, then try bending it to the right. If it's bent to the right, try bending it to the left. It may just be popped out of place. I've done that a couple of times. It'll hurt at first, but it may fix the problem. If you're unable to bend it properly, then this is probably the case.

• 2 weeks later...