Iraq

antiaircraft

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/world/mi...amp;oref=slogin

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/12/....soldiers.dead/

After several years, Iraq still hasn't quieted down. Do you think it's justified? Will it ever end? What should be done now?

Edit: I found another article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7091400636.html

If you find anymore tell me and I'll put them up.

I've felt from the very start that this was a lost cause. If anyone should be helping them, it should be someone that's on that side of the world. A good portion of their people don't want us there, and a large majority of our people don't want our men and women over there.

I'm honestly not sure about this, even after keeping track of it for all this time. The US did manage to depose Saddam Hussein and his government, but through all this time it's dragged on and people are still dying in the conflict. Maybe somebody here can convince me one way or the other...

The war. NOT JUSTIFIED. Simply because you're the good guys, right? (That's what you think, whether you're right or wrong.) Well, if you kill people, you commited murder, you should be prosecuted, but you're in the military and that's your job. (AKA Assasin)

What the US is trying to do. Listen, it was NEVER about the weapons, it was about the oil. Do you know how precious oil is to the US?

If anybody in senior US government is here, please do a troop withdrawl ASAP without wrecking Iraq more by leaving them to their civil war. We made it worse, so we need to at least put it back to the way it was before.

Obviously it isn't justified. Now, the reason might be obvious, but they probably have other reasons. Anyways, I read they're pulling off troops from there so that's a good start to try to make things better. The job is done and I believe if they stop it completely, Americans might be in danger (from revenge or something). It just should have never started.

I once met a guy who was of the opinion that George Bush just wanted to invade Iraq to show off.

So how do we deal with all the problems then? I don't think it's exactly easy to stop a Civil War if it's practically already happening.

About the civil war, we could do a isolation thingie, and then slowly let them mix.

Pros:That might help them to slowly become friends.

Cons: Or not. It might just build up the tension, and make it 100x worse.

What do you think?

I think it would probably make it worse for some people, and better for others, but possibly more of the latter. Hmm, isn't this the sort of matter the UN is supposed to deal with?