Rude people in town

Awesome_Paul

Is it me or is the amount of rude people in the world Increasing massively.

I remember when i used to go into town 3-4 years ago, when-ever you were going to collide, walking into someone, one would half step left, and the other right. But now, everyone thinks why do i have to move out the way, if i collide, i collide.

(so basically --------> <----------- (instead of both moving to the side, they would collide)

Another thing that really bugs me, your in the rush so your walking fast/running, could be for the bus. Everyone can see your in a rush. But then a old person walks in front of you, then stops. making you, try to arrange to get around him, so that you look like a idiot to everyone else.

So now, in town there are 2 types of people.

-people who think "who cares who i annoy, who i collide with"

-people who have to move around, taking them off their path and slowing them down.

So has anyone else noticed this in their town?

Oh definately.

I swear there's more people out there who have a job to just get you into that awkward moment where you both try to dodge each other but just end up colliding with each other when you do that. That annoys me.

And those people who can see you're heading their direction but then just go in front of you anyway.

Britain is annoying, isn't it. :P

Yep sure is. If its not the weather, its most the people :P

Another point is that when you do dodge from those people, who cut in front of you at the last minute, is that if your walking fast, you can to try to maneuver to not hit the person.

Though when that happens, you look like an absolute idiot, when you try to balance from not falling or tripping onto them.

EXACTLY. :D

In the supermarkets here, though (assuming they're not all the same everywhere) some isles are narrow and people seem to insist on abandoning their shopping trollies in the middle of the isle so you can't get past. Or if you move yours to the side to let people actually go through, people moan they can't get to the stuff on the shelves because your trollie's blocking it.

Grr...

Don't worry, I deffo know that feeling, I work in a tiny shop part time.

The isles are like 3 ft wide, not even that, Its only a small shop with 3 isles, 1 always has a Queue though.

All the produce is at the front, Imagine, carrying a bad of potatoes (not just 1, its like 15 bags of large potatoes, must be about 3kg) and theres a Buggy in the way.

Its like, you can't put them down, because then you have to use effort to pick them up. so I stand there leaning against the isle. and does the lady hurry. No. she stands there reading a magazine.

At work, I personally hate buggies. worse invention ever. Especially the ones which has the 3 all beside them, trying to tell them, it won't fit down the isle, then they try to go down altogether.

See, people. It's not only Americans with a reputation on acting silly.

I also hate the people in town who use the lift to go up one level (Which is really used for the wheelchairs) when there's an escalator about 10 paces from them. Not stairs, no. A device which MOVES FOR YOU in the shape of stairs scares them.

I used to be scared of escalators because of the bits at the beginning and the end, but I find them much easier than stairs now (although for some reason most of the escalators here are broken down :grrr: ).

In my town there aren't really enough people to end up colliding like that, everyone is in cars or on motorbikes. The people at my school are pretty rude though. Standard procedure if you're on a collision course with someone is to CHARGE!!! :S

High school is notorious for rude jerks who seem to love to stand in the middle of the hallway chatting with their friends in a way that takes up as much space as possible or walking slower than snails crawl in a huge mob taking atleast half of the hall. Then in class, it's not much better as I get stuck with a bunch of loud preppy childish students in a class designed to be for college credit with a tougher course load. Not to mention my bad habit of running into some of the worst drivers in the world here in Colorado, half the time no one knows what a turn signal is or how to climb a hill.

Oddly enough, I have none of these problems... although I was walking home from school the other day and there was an old guy going about 10 km/h down my street... he stopped whenever another car came near... I know its not nice to laugh at old people, but it was quite funny :P

I love escalators, but I dont get to use them much :(

• 3 weeks later...