Writers' corner

antiaircraft

For anyone who writes to share techniques, look for inspiration, etc.

I managed to get stuck with writers block during an English test - that totally sucked. Personally I have no idea how to deal with writer's block properly, so does anyone else have any suggestions?

Whenever I get writers block, I give myself a couple of minutes to think about something else, such as a movie, a book, a song, it doesn't matter, as long as you get your mind off the story. I think read back over what I wrote, and realize just how I want to continue it. I'm not sure how it will work for you, but I know it always works for me. :glasses:

even something you can smell can help you- at least it helps me. :P

Just don't be like the catholic school girl from Saturday Night Live. SUPERSTAR! *sticks hands under pits, and then sniffs fingers* WOO!

I think I multitask too well. Even when I do something else, I still end up with some part of my mind on the story. Anyway I'll keep trying, and I can always resort to the good old banging your head on the wall.

No, you don't bang your head on the wall, you bang other people's heads on the wall.

I think I don't multitask well at all, when I do one thing I forget about another.

All right, no problem *bangs AA3's head on the wall*

Another question, how do you guys think of names? I think I need some better call signs for my characters in Sky Storm.

The problem is that won't really work with call signs, as they're generally actual words.

Fyrewind - I like that one. My writer's block is gone pretty much, since I wrote an argumentative piece that I quite like yesterday. If it returns, I'll be studying too hard to really deal with it. Hopefully the urgency will just allow me to ignore it.