Custom Dailies Lists

antiaircraft

Aha. You know what, that's one of the things currently being debated. It was being debated a long long time ago, too. Because of all these site problems and Y2, it's sort of been pushed back.

I'll leave this open so another staff member can clarify...

We're debating the purpose of Custom Dailies right now. Considering we already have a massive dailies list and we update that page nearly every day with new information, we kind of don't see the purpose in a custom dailies list tool. However, this would be a good discussion to convince us otherwise.

My question to you guys is why would you like to see a custom dailies tool? What features on it would attract you to use it?

Thanks for bringing this up! It's good to discuss.

Well the main thing about a custom dailies tool that I would like is that I don't use all the dailies on the list. My long term memory's not very good and it kinda makes it tedious to sift through the list. An alert system that reminds you to do your dailies would also be handy, since I somehow manage to forget most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what would a custom daily list even do? Just be a page you could click all the dailies you want from? Might as well just bookmark them yourself or something like that.

What I DON'T like about an overall dailies list is the same as the person above, I also don't use all the dailies so when I am checking for new ones I've missed it takes some time to look through all the usual ones I've seen a million times. But without that, newbs won't be able to find them! So no definitive answer from me haha sorry!

If you want to make a custom dailies page, then just make one on tripod, or something. It should be easy enough for anyone to do it that way. I for one made one with geocities using HTML. It's nothing special, but it's all my favorites placed on that one site. :glasses:

Well what would a custom daily list even do? Just be a page you could click all the dailies you want from? Might as well just bookmark them yourself or something like that.

What I DON'T like about an overall dailies list is the same as the person above, I also don't use all the dailies so when I am checking for new ones I've missed it takes some time to look through all the usual ones I've seen a million times. But without that, newbs won't be able to find them! So no definitive answer from me haha sorry!

The Custom Dailies List (CDL) would fix exactly what you don't like. The list would allow you to choose only the dailies you want on your list, so you can ignore the rest of them and just go right on down the list. It could possibly include timers for say the Healing Springs every 30 minutes, and then if it's just a once-a-day daily it would dissappear off your list until the next day starts at midnight NST. I'm sure there would be other cool features and stuff Ian would come up with, if you all feel this is something we (TDN) should persue.

Hmm well it sounds like it would be to set TDN aside and ahead (on yet another count) from all the other neopets help sites too. I say go for it...erm if time permits and other priorities aren't pressing lol

I agree with Sunny; this would make TDN unlike any other help site, and make it much more desirable for others to come and use/join. :glasses: