Harry Potter 7 [Disclaimer attatched, see top]

YouKnowWho

WARNING: This topic contains spoilers!

See below post for details on posting spoilers.

You MUST follow the spoilers advice below in this topic. Failure to do so can result in a forums suspension.

Please don't ruin the experiance for others.

If you have yet to read or complete Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, you are advised not to read beyond this point.

- TDN Forums

I was just wondering what do you think about Harry Potter 7?

b)

Hm, how about we make this the offical HP 7 topic? That way spoilers don't get all over the place. I'm just going to ask everyone to put any spoilers (and I mean ANY spoilers, from who dies, to what the hocruxes were, to even what the characters do at a single random point) in spoiler tags ([ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] without the spaces) so the people who wish to look at this topic, or open it on accident will have the choice if they wish to view them or not. I'll add a few things to the first post.

To give an example, you can say something vauge out of spoilers, like, I like how all the books were brought together in this one, it made it more complete. If you want to go into detail, you use the tags,

I liked how Snape wasn't evil, like most thought, but he was really in love with Lily. It explains why he hated Harry so much, and tied up so many loose ends in the story with his memories.

To read that, just highlight.

And this topic should be in another spot.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Angel Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from "Random Chit Chat" to "Medias and Entertainment".

All of my freaky little conspiracy theories came true.

Warning: HUGE spoilers to come.

1)

RAB was Regulus Arcturus Black (I didn't know his middle name until now, but he was the only character that fit the first & last initials in all six books)

2)

Harry was a Horcrux ("neither can die while the other survives"? Come on, prophecy, you made it too easy... stupid that Harry actually did

survive in the end, though, Cheryl Klein should have ensured it didn't happen)

3)

When Dumbledore said "Severus... please..." he actually meant "please kill me."

Sometimes I think that J.K Rowling reads over all the stuff we post on the internet and steals it from us. <_<

For the last book in one of the best series I've ever read, I'm a little disappointed. I feel especially let down by

Harry & Voldemort's (/sarcasm on) prodigiously incredible argument & duel (/sarcasm off).

P.S. Rita Skeeter's a little 'tard. I want to slap her. Several times. In rapid succession.

I dunno guys.

I really thought Harry came to his senses about his death when he was walking through the woods to Voldermort with his dad and mum and god father.

& I felt bad for Snape shockingly. I knew he loved Lily, he always asked Potter to look at his with Lily's eyes.

Kinda pathetic, but I got emotional. No tears like when Dumbledore died.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime Heart) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please use proper spoilers in this topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I liked it.

All my predictions turned out to be right also, concerning which side Snape was really on and who would end up dying.

I was surprised by how many swears were used throughout the book though.

I know a lot of younger kids (like 8-12 years old) who were going to read it,

and whose parents definietly would not let them read it if they knew the content.

I liked it.

All my predictions turned out to be right also, concerning which side Snape was really on and who would end up dying.

I was surprised by how many swears were used throughout the book though.

I know a lot of younger kids (like 8-12 years old) who were going to read it,

and whose parents definietly would not let them read it if they knew the content.

well.. pertaining to the swearing, i think jkrowling figured that the people who'll read the 7th book were people who read them as they were released, over the course of many years.. well, that's my opinion anyway.. i read the first one as a teen, and reading it now.. the language really evolved, as it had to.. they (the main characters), are seventeen now afterall.. she can't very well let them sound like innocent children in the midst of what they were going through.. as per mrs. weasley, well.. what would you have said in that same (w/o the wands and magic part) situation??

Well.. let me tell you right off that I am... very connected to books and when I read them I get emersed in them very much, lol.

So... I cried often in this book, for I love when books make me cry.

I honestly thought the ending was a little... too happy, but hey... after 6 books of tragedy and such, I suppose they are entitled to a happy ending.

I was elated that Snape was

good, he's always been one of my favorite characters. I knew he would be... I also figured that Harry would find out that Snape was good either right before Snape died or right after.

I really can't get over how much I love Snape, lol.

So, I also knew that this book would delve into Dumbledore's past... because we had learned about everyone else's past except his; so I was happy they did that.

All in all.. I really love this book, I felt like it was 4 books in one. I was unimpressed with the 6th, I thought it was kind of boring, and I was happy to have 7 keeping me on my toes more often.

and oh man did I laugh when

Mrs. Weasley let out her cry to Bellatrix.

XD good stuff right there.

I absolutely LOVED HP7. It was totally worth the 3 and a half hours of standing in line. :]

The only part I didn't really care for was the

epilogue..I wanted it to be more specific in what all of the characters were doing with their lives at that point.

Not really a spoiler, but I wanted to play it safe.

Fortunately, JK Rowling has announced that she is publishing a Harry Potter encyclopedia which describes ALL of the characters that were ever mentioned in depth, and gives some background information. I'm pretty excited about that..

I absolutely LOVED HP7. It was totally worth the 3 and a half hours of standing in line. :]

The only part I didn't really care for was the

epilogue..I wanted it to be more specific in what all of the characters were doing with their lives at that point.

Not really a spoiler, but I wanted to play it safe.

Fortunately, JK Rowling has announced that she is publishing a Harry Potter encyclopedia which describes ALL of the characters that were ever mentioned in depth, and gives some background information. I'm pretty excited about that..

I just watched a segment on Dateline (news program) and they interviewed JK about the book and such. One of the questions was about the other people at the end.

What she said was that

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all work at the Ministry, which is no longer corrupt thanks to them. Harry and Ron are both working against dark magic and such- head of that Dept. I guess you could say... and that Hermione was the head of the justice Dept. because of her great knowledge of many things.

Oh, they are also building a HP theme park in FL apparently.

It just occured to me though that it still hasn't been explained why some people become ghosts and some don't.

Maybe it's if they kill someone, they're halfway to making a horcrux and their soul gets ripped or something...

Hmm... are you sure they didn't say anything about that in the 6th book? I need to reread them.

Next time I go to my friend's house we'll have to discuss that (pretty much everyone in her family has read the books at least twice and her mom is always up on the little things we forget, haha- some AMAZING discussions have taken place).

Now, I think this was at the end of the 5th book, but Harry asked Nick if Sirius would come back, and Nick said something about Sirius being brave enough to move on, pretty much impling that it's up to the person if they become a ghost or go to the other side. So the ghost thing was explained.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was sweet!

It suprised me to find out that the Hallows were objects, not a place. It was cool that Dumbledores death was totally planned by him and Snape, but it was to bad that Snape died. It was imaginative on JK's part to let Harry find out the truth about Snape through memorys.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was sweet!

It suprised me to find out that the Hallows were objects, not a place. It was cool that Dumbledores death was totally planned by him and Snape, but it was to bad that Snape died. It was imaginative on JK's part to let Harry find out the truth about Snape through memorys.

Yeah, I agree.

I feel really bad for Snape...I mean he had been looking out for Harry for years, but didn't get any credit for it until after he died. I lovvveeedd the part where Snape told Harry to look at him, so that he could see Lily's eyes one last time. So sweet! :)

Basically...Harry Potter = ♥

I was right about my predictions for Snape working for Dumbledore the entire time, which made me happy, but after chapter 33 the book just seemed to end with nothing but cheese and I hated it. Atleast they made Harry and Ginny have some cute kids. This was easily the best in the series despite the ending, especially snce Ron and Hermoine finally kissed. It was about time too, although seeing both Tonks and Lupin die almost made me cry. Yet I can easily imagine the lilttle Ted Lupin when he's a werewolf changing his body hair to any color he wants like Tonks and it makes me smile.

I remember JK Rowling giving an interview saying: Harry became an auror (duh), ginny was a famous quidditch player until she had kids, ron helped George in the joke shop business, and hermione took up on Scrimegeor offer on working at the ministry.......

I thought the whole Battle for Hogwarts thing was absolutely awesome. I loved just how they were running around, and McGonnagall was fighting someone here, and Slughorn someone else over there. The Ravenclaw Tower bit was interesting, too; the idea of an intellectual question to get in was really quite nice (I wouldn't have thought of it).

I was totally quite freaked out with the part in Godric's Hollow, with the dead historian and all that. Freaky. Very well-written. I also enjoyed various little parts when they were travelling Britain; t'was good.

Snape's memories were good. It's interesting to see him growing up; and it really does put the whole idea of 'love' into perspective, methinks.

I wasn't a fan of some of it, mind. The deaths were skimmed over too quickly - especially for Lupin and Tonks, we needed more. Dobby had a well-written death, mind. Also, Lord Voldemort's saying "he ran away"...I don't know, I've always seen him as - despite a vindictive murderer - someone who would treat his biggest enemy to an evil death, sure, but not lie to everyone about it. It just needed to be worded a little different. Also, his death was a bit...bleh. Just, the ending of the book needed 'more'. I was proud of Neville, though, standing up to him at the end.

Oh, and I didnt care much for Aberforth. He's actually a damn big character, really, and he should've been introduced earlier in the series a tad more, I'unno. The 'Dumbledore story' side of things was nice, but going into the whole Grindelwald thing so much was...blehh. We needed it a bit more spread out. (I must say though, his death in Nurmengard prison was very good; I could picture it all happening vividly.

Uhh...what else. Oh, Gringotts break-in was good. Liked that. And, the epilogue? Wasn't a fan. 'Albus Severus' Potter?! I mean, SERIOUSLY?! T'was overly clich. Would've liked to have seen more on the rest of the characters lives, though - McGonnagall, Luna Lovegood, Slughorn, the Dursleys, etc. JK did give an interview on it, but we needed it in the book. =P

Very good book though. :)

Wow, I haven't posted on here for a while, but I just had to put my analysis of DH up here. I thought it was absolutely amazing. I got it at midnight, and all, and read it in 8 hours, and all the deaths were just so...just so sad! I mean, Lupin, he really didn't deserve to die, but he was with all the rest of the Marauders, which was good. And oh my goodness, I just sobbed over Colin Creevy and Fred dying! There were so awesome, and I hated Dobby dying too. But the Hallows were pretty cool. I guess my favorite part was either the battle, or the epilogue. I know, I know, it was tiny, but it was really good, just like another chapter, and all, and it didn't feel like a reminiscing thing.

i thought it was good but the epiloqu was a little to ... idk predicting. dont u think?

• 2 months later...

Well, I love the book, but I'm sad because Harry Potter is end T.T but fanfiction exist, so let's write!!! n.n

I don't like the marriages, I hate the couples!!!!

And I really hate

the death of Lupin and Tonks

Why???? T.T I really hate it, I couldn't believe it, I said: that's impossible!!! But it's the true and it's horrible T.T

Well, at the end, I think Voldemort loved someone a little (like a friend),

he promises Snape that Lily will live...

Sorry, it's so hard for me explain it, because I'm spanish :P but is good for me to try to speak to people about the book... I can't speak with my friends 'cause they don't read the book (maybe in spanish... but now is only in english) but I really need to talk someone about the book!!! And is very good for me to practise english with people... so, thanks n.n

I missed other characters at the epilogue...