comScore: 4.8m visitors to Neopets, June

Samuel

The

comScore Media Metrix, considered the largest, most influential and most powerful online information provider, has released it's web statistics for June. Neopets acknowleges the company's previous results in a very outdated press pack.

The report indicates that Neopets.com made significant gains in the online gaming industry compared to May. It achieved 4.8million visitors, up 29% on a month previous. The report puts this down to the break-up of school for holidays worldwide. Viacom Digital sites (encompassing MTV, VH1 and Neopets) were collectively the 12th most visited in the US.

This time last year, Neopets was classed the 2nd most "stickiest" website, although findings for this July have yet to be published on this particular set of statistics.

PR Newswire

Those wondering, 'stickiest' shouldn't be taken too literally. It just means that it keeps people there once they've visited it on the off-chance.

I'm wondering what the top stickisest website is...

I sometimes don't get how your news work , you put things that interest YOU or what? because when alot of people here have updates and new stuff from neopets you say it's not news....

anyway... that is probably because of the AC just like last year , though it still had less people this year than last year...

It's news if it hasn't been spotted by us already, hasn't been posted, or is totally new and someone deserves credit for it. Not everything spotted, either, qualifies as news. We post Neopets.com unreleased news, and Neopets.com industrial/commercial news (this particular article comes under the latter title).

Sometimes, news we know exists won't be posted unless we have other news to go with it, to save space on the front page.

This news doesn't particularly interest me or any other staff member. But it's related to Neopets and Viacom, so we post it. ;)

If you have any complaints about the news department, feel free to email [email protected].