Broken Arm and Surgery

Dillon

Hey guys I got a broken arm sunday. I was horseplaying in the pool and my arm slamed against the edge of the pool and some how my arm got turned 270 degrees around. I am taking vicodin (spelling?). I cam type with one hand so please excuse my spelling mistakes. I have to get surgery next wednesday and im really scared. I'l post a pic of my temp cast.

Thanks Ellie my surgery is only 90 minutes. YAY! I might be a lot more loopy then usual. Medicine does thatr.

I had suggery once,. it was supposed to be a one day thing.

But i didn't wake up for a cople of days because some how, blood was found in my head.

This is why i don't belive Doctor when they say it's day in and day out.

13 DAYS i spent in the hospital

Ouch. Are they going to use an anaestetic (spelling?) on you?

Yeah they are I would cry if they didnt put me to sleep.

I had suggery once,. it was supposed to be a one day thing.

But i didn't wake up for a cople of days because some how, blood was found in my head.

This is why i don't belive Doctor when they say it's day in and day out.

13 DAYS i spent in the hospital

WOW! That stinks. What was the surgery for?

I second that. And just to clear things up, anesthetic is any drug that turns off the nervous system in certain parts of the body. General anesthetic knocks you out, while local anesthetic just kills off all sensation from a certain part of the body.

So which of those do doctors usually use?

It depends on what they're operating for - if it's something major (like sticking metal rods in your leg) then they use general anesthetic, but for minor stuff they use local anesthetic (the dentist usually gives you local anesthetic for extractions & stuff).

Me too. I had an operation on my appendix before. They make you sniff something and you'll go out like a light. Next thing you know you'll wake up on your hospital bed and they'll say that you've been out for... I'm not sure, 12 hours, I think.

Well, apparently everyone gets ice cream after minor ops, so that might help.

If you're having trouble typing, you could try Windows' dictation tool. After training it a bit, you can get it pretty accurate.

Well you could try lying on your back to get rid of the nausea. And yeah, vomiting on your computer is a bad idea.