unactivated accounts

buzz

We currently have about 3000 members on the forums. Probably 500-1000 of them are unactivated accounts. It is getting very hard to browse the members page. I think that if an acount has not been activated 3 months or more after being created, then that account should be deleted. That would make the members page much more managable.

I dont agree because it would be bad beacuase some members might be come active a few weeks or days later.

Not active as being on the forums and posting. Unactivated means that they have not finished creating their account.

The members' page is really messy, but I don't think it will be cleaned up anytime soon, because wiping them would remove the vast majority of our board members.

TDN Specs

4,819 total members

-----------

1,820 unvalidate members (~40%)

2,999 validated members

-----------

Of that 3k members

1,282 members never posted, once

2,220 members posted only once or none at all (~75%)

2,789 members posted only 20 times or less

What can you do? Some people only sign up to read stuff and thats completely fine. Some unvalidated may not ever some back, but they might notg even be counted in our total member count. As of now, it seems fine to just let the accounts be.

And you can change how the members are ordered, by post count and profile views show active members first.

True. Many people come here to read stuff just once. Like you said, they can read without signing up. But for things like our own plots (and in the near future, possible Y2...) people come to ask one question, read the answer and leave. We can't stop that, that's just human nature. Laziness. :P

So why not just celebrate the active community we do have, instead of dwelling on those who think they're better than us by leaving, huh? :)