Neoquest II - Who's the best party member?

Lutarist Jake

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best party member in NQ II?

• Rohane
    • Mipsy
    • Talinia
    • Velm

I'd choose Mipsy because she can do the most damage.If you raise her Group Damage to 15, then she can do around 200 damage to every opponent !And if there's one opponent left, then she can do "Obliterate" (damage 100 level 15 direct damage).The enemies would be gone much faster, but one downfall:she has the least health.

The thing is:they all work like a team.While Mipsy is doing the damage, Rohane takes most of damage.And when Mipsy and Rohane are low on health, Velm can heal them.Talinia can hit multiple enemies at the same time if Mipsy has to heal.

Rohane is the best, in my humble opinion.

Both Mipsy and Velm can be replaced by potions (hastening, slowing, healing), and Talinia doesn't really have any special abilities. The other three party members just make easier/quicker to take down the mosters and bosses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Velm's the best in my opinion.

They do have they're own strengths and weaknesses though.

Rohane's weaknesses: He can't attack for much in the early game.

His strengths are: He attacks for legendary damage in Faerieland, and he has the most HP. He also can stun.

Mipsy's weaknesses: She has little HP and from the Four Faeries onwards, she doesn't attack for much compared to Rohane.

Mipsy's strengths:She is crucial in Meridell and in the early part of Terror Mountain(before Talinia). She also has Group Haste and other good skills.

Talinia's weaknesses: She does hopeless damage when you first get her if you don't use IBD skill.

Talinia's strengths: She can attack to multiple enemies and can stun,

Velm's weaknesses: He can't attack for much(even less than Talinia) and takes a long time to move without haste.

Velm's strengths: He can heal 90 to each character or 150 to all. He can stun for up to 3 sec, and can also mesmerize and shield.

Rohane's best use: As a diverter in Meridell and Terror Mountain and as a attacker in Lost Desert and after.

Mipsy's best use: As an attacker in Meridell up to Haunted Woods, and to give bonuses to the team. Can also be used to throw potions in boss battles(seeing as most bosses resist Obliterate or Astral Maelstrom).

Talinia's best use: To weaken with the Multiple Targets, to attack(with IBD) and to stun.

Velm's best use: To heal and protect. Can be used to stun and mesmerize too, as a bonus.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

They all have their uses except for Talina...she's not very good. Mipsy comes in really handy earlier in the game if you keep advancing her attack ability. Rohane's abilities build up more slowly, but then he can really go in for the kill when he's up to maximum attack. I would say velm is the most useful though, because once you have him, you aren't dependent on potions anymore, and he can do a lot of healing and save you many times during the game.

It really depends on where you are during the game. If you are at the end, then yes, Velm is the best. Monsters are hitting quite hard at that point and you can't waste your time with potions (not to mention the money you save!). He is also helpful for long, drawn out boss battles like Terask II, The Four Faeries, and Nox.

If you are an offensive player and have not fought the above three, then Rohane is the best. His attacks are not easily resisted like Mipsy's and he deals out a good amount of damage, even at this point. He is much quicker and has higher HP than the other party members, too.

Overall, Velm is the best party member since you can't complete the game without him. Sure, it's nice to see Rohane dish out 150+ dmg, but he wouldn't be able to do that if he's dead. ;)

Velm's obviously the most important member, as he keeps the whole party alive and cuts back on your potion use by a lot.

I wish Talinia got a bit more appreciation though. For me, by the end of Insane, she was hitting 100's on 3 enemies at once with Multiple Target. While that's not relevant when fighting bosses, it gets through the game a lot quicker.

• 4 weeks later...

lets judge party members based on difficulty of the last boss fought before obtaining a new member.... first theres Zombom (mildly challenging if you arn't overleveled). Then there is Leximp, I dunno about you but this is one of the bosses I really hate. I would consider it a fairly difficult boss. Sure he's optional but in the 2 harder modes I really don't think he is. I like to overlevel outside Chia Town for the long journey ahead. Then there is the Pharaoh guy, now I dont really remember this fight too well so it must not have been too extremely difficult(One thing I do remember is almost beating him then accidentaly clicking run and esacping, then popping a few pots and fighting him again. So he obviously wasn't too rough on my potion supply!). But I DO remember how difficult the lost desert is until you get Velm. Yes I overlevel outside the adventurers camp in terror mountain and the Desert is still hard until you get Velm. After Velm there really isn't a challenge other than Terask II (4 faeries? stop whining they are easy!) So sure, This isnt exactly judging which member is the best.. but considering they all play off each others strengths and weaknesses, you cant really give a concrete answer. So based on what I said above I would say that Velm is the best member.