Stock Market Playing

Hi guys! I just wanted to remind everybody that the Neopets Stock Market truly is a great way to make NP. I only started playing it last year around Dec or so, buying 1000 shares most days and basically the money in my bank has DOUBLED since then. I was always pretty dubious when people say how great it is since it seems so slow and boring, but now I've proven it to myself.

Don't get me wrong, not all of the NP came from that! I still play games (apart from the 15k that goes into stocks every day I make 5-10k extra a day) and of course sell things in the shop but ever since making my first million on ONLY game playing and it taking forrrreeeeeveeeeer, it has certainly gotten faster to make a mil using the stock market.

Basically spend 15k buying 1000 shares a day, ONLY buy at 15 and ONLY sell at 60 or around 55. One time I waited and sold at 70 but usually I go for 60 as thats a fair amount of profit. That means for every 1000 shares you buy at 15000np you make 45,000np pure profit!! I've done that about 4 times since December alone so it really does happen. So start playing, have patience and good luck!

Edit: sorry guys my last maths calculation was VERY wrong I've corrected it...yeesh I used a calculator and everything! My face is red :*

Hmmmm. People often think they get more money of the stock market then they are. People play games to get the 15,000 to buy 1000 stocks with, over one week that gives them 105,000. Because it is invested they can't buy stuff with it. Then they sell it and yes, they do get more money, but if you sell it at double, people think there getting 210k from the stock market when it is only half that.

I however recommend, playing games every day to get 15,000 and then buy 1000 stocks at 15. Then sell when they pass 30. This doubles the profit and you normally only have to wait a week or two for this to happen. Sometimes less.

Hi guys! I just wanted to remind everybody that the Neopets Stock Market truly is a great way to make NP.

No kidding. It's the easiest way to make NP on Neopets. :graduated:

I've always bought stocks at either 15 or 16 and then sold them when they hit the high forties mark. Which, as the last two weeks have showed me, is a really good investment. I've seriously made 400k in that time period and I didn't play games or restock. (<3 PDSS and CHIA)

If you guys have money - BUY STOCKS

Totally agree with this!

I've been playing the stock market since app New Year, and calculating the Net Gain (Expenses - Profit) of each month, this is how I've done so far:

January: -404000

February: -177000

March: 1000

April: 290000

May (so far): 446500

Total: 156500

So maybe not the greatest net gain yet, but remember that I also have 92500 stock units invested in the stock market at this point, and that this is only after a few months. As you can see the profit are getting better and better...

One thing to say though is: Patience is a virtue, nothing you can do but wait for those stocks to rise...

• 2 weeks later...

And then sell at 30,45,or 60 or more to make a huge profit. but beware companies do go bankrupt.

The only stock that I don't buy is VPTS. I don't know why exactly, (because I believe stocks prices follow a random patterm) but I had a really bad experience with it once.

And then sell at 30,45,or 60 or more to make a huge profit. but beware companies do go bankrupt.

But don't even let bankrupcy to begin to even remotely scare you. There have only been 13 stocks to go bankrupt. Between February 2002 and November 2004 in the last 5 years, the last one being the JCK incident back on November 15, 2004.

That's the one, JCK, that was convicted of insider trading. It literally went bankrupt within a few hours after it had been sitting at 726 NP per share.

I usually have good experiences with stock as well.

But at the moment i have 4000 shares worth of LUPE stock. Bought at various prices

one 90, another 75, another 50 something and then just recently 15. At the time LUPE was known to reach as high as 200 NP's so I thought i was gonna cash in... but not to worry i made a quite a bit of profit playing LUPE, before it started its steady decline.

Hopefully it doesnt go bankrupt as someone said :(

all the stocks i bought several years ago (4) are still dropping.

stock prices go up and down depending on the investors, the more money is spent buying a certain stock, the more that stock is worth. to chipmonker, YOU HAVE SO FRIGGIN` BADLY RAISED THE PRICES OF THOSE STOCKS, THANK YOU!!!

I rarely use the stock market. The few times I have, it worked out pretty well for me. Im just to lazy to invest everyday.

I've had good experiences with it, but it requires a lot of patience. You have to constantly remind yourself that you do have a lot of money, its just all in the stocks. I personally can't wait for months for a stock to go up.

I've made several hundreds of thousands thanks to the Stock Market, and I'm a lazy bum. My only tactic is to always buy 1000 stocks and always buy at 15, I sell them (all) when I'm in the mood, often around 75 - 80 but sometimes 50 - 60 :P