Film certificates

Awesome_Paul

okay, im not sure about other countries but this is to do with teh certificated in the UK

About 4 Years ago, The Film ratings Were "Pg, U, 12, 15, 18"

Now about a year or 2 ago, they changed it to "Pg, U, 12A, 15, 18"

Only Difference is the 12A, This means the film is mainly for over 12, But under 12 can go in to see the film with a adult.

So the debate is mainly, do you agree with the new 12A.

I deffinmetly Don't, Now everytime I want to go to the cinema, go to see a 12A, There is always at least 1 Little kid, screaming or crying or just talking.

12 Films Were places for just people to get rid of the talking kids and watch films. But now they made the 12A. They ruined it.

In NZ, we generally have G, PG, M, R13 ( but I think it was abolished) R16 and R18. M films are rated 'For Mature Audiences' but can be seen by anyone.

Ah, I remember the inclusion of the 12A. I remember seeing it on Newsround! (For those not in the know, it's like the children's version of the normal news).

I think there were huge outrages when the new Spiderman 2 (Yeah. It came in when that was released.) movie, a film all children wanted to see, was classed as a 12. I think the change came about to compensate for the huge amounts of people who were strongly against this decision, instead of merely changing the class of Spiderman 2 to a PG.

It didn't really affect me, since I didn't care about Spiderman when I was that young (Well, 10). But now, at 15, those few 12A films I do go to see (Like Hot Fuzz), aren't that much different than, say, a PG. I suppose it just has less noise from the crying child at the loud sounds. <_<

They still have the normal '12' rating. It's only on DVDs, though, I believe.

Yep, i know Newsround, Mon-Fri 5:25pm, Right before neighbours :D

I think they should have kept the 12 in Cinemas, but at a certain time every evening have 1 screen show a '12' film as a 12A

That way people older than 12 have peaceful cinemas while under 12 don't miss out.

But I must say there are some idiotic adults in cinemas, like when i went to see King Kong, 23 yr old, screaming at the bugs or laughing, so wanted to tell them to shut up :P

They should have daycares at the cinema. I don't mind kids, but parents need to find a babysitter when they go to the movies, if not then why on earth did they have kids if they can't even control them or bring peace to the world? I don't think I've been to a cinema where a kid cries in the middle of the movie and everyone starts complaining so that's good XD. I think they should be a special time when parents can take their kids to a 12A movie, let's say at 1pm or something.

Before I was 12, I wanted to see a 12 movie, can't remember what it was, but I remember it wasn't that pretty good. Now, I don't really mind, but I do find it annoying that sometimes there are interruptions. But hey, there were even interrruptions in POTC : Dead Man's chest!! But that was only when Jack came on of course :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Chipmonker) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Ehhh...this post is getting a little old. PM me to have it reopened.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.