Lost item!

diamondmedley

So I finally beat the Ravenous Monster, who had beaten my NP senseless for the past three days, using a scarab ring, a lava mote, and a lime potion. Obviously, the lime potion disappeared after I used it, but when I finished my match against the RM, I went to fight him again only to realize that my lava mote was gone! Nothing was taken during the fight, so I'm not sure what happened to it. I don't if it's a fragile item, but I know it's not a one-time only, since the battlepedia says it's a multi-use item.

Any ideas?? I had no random events, and there was nothing about losing it during the fight.

Thanks! <3

My guess is that your Lava Mote broke, unfortunately. They're fragile, so they have a knack of doing this. :(

Do you recall something like this happening? "The Lava Mote vanishes right before your eyes!"

Unfortunately no, but I could have missed it. I clicked back a few pages to see, but the last attack I did right before I beat the RM said nothing about it. I could very well have missed it, I was so glad I beat that thing.....

Thanks <3

Nah don't mention it :) they're not worth much you could buy all 3 for under 100np anyway! Just had em lying around. You should give the altador plot a go, once you finish it you get daily freebies including motes, an altador shield and sword (they aren't powerful or anything but if you're stuck for battle items) and food and stuff you can sell for more np

I finished the Altador plot, but I've mostly only gotten yellow lupe plushies and altador bread. But I did it just a week or two ago, so I probably just haven't done it enough times to get anything of worth or usefulness. Thanks again. <3

ok. this might be completely insane but, i thought you could use motes only a certain number of times. i tried to google it but i wasn't getting any useful results. has anyone heard of this before?

You're right. Like many other Battledome items, motes will eventually "break" and be gone forever. Some BD items are specifically labelled as "One Use", which is hopefully self-explanatory. Motes, however, are in the "fragile" category; i.e. it's guaranteed to break at some point, but there's no way to know exactly how many times you'll be able to use it before it disappears -- if you're lucky you'll get a few battles out of it, if not you might only get to use it once or twice before it goes.

Long story short: It's okay, though unfortunate, that the mote disappeared. That's what they do.