Savage Sweeps Set Stage for Fierce Final Fights

Midtime

tiki_fie.gif

Greetings and good tidings, sports fans! This is Brooke, once again proudly welcoming you to The Daily Neopets' ACX coverage. Today we'll take a look at the results of the second day of the fourth (but not final!) round of play. Matt won't be joining us today, but Midtime and I are here for you! Let's get right to it.

The Alabriss bracket kicked off with a heated match between Mystery Island and the Lost Desert. The Natives pulled off an impressive score in Yooyuball, but the Mummies were right behind them, and side-swept them in the other three events. This is only the fourth time the Lost Desert has lost on the field!

it's a pirate and a faerie all in one! Next up, Krawk Island took on Faerieland. The Pirates, fresh off their not-so-successful match against the Natives, rallied their forces and shut out the Faeries across the board. That's twice in a row the Faeries have been swept, but they've pulled off some impressive upsets this year. It could happen again!

The third match of the bracket pitted the Chillers against the Knights. Meridell beat Terror Mountain down on the Yooyuball field, but were unable to hold their own in the other three events. Both teams are doing fairly well in the standings at present, just a few spots shy of the podium. Will their efforts over the next couple of weeks be enough to carry them to the top?

Now let's have a look at the Minitheus bracket, where brooms abound!

ALL the sweeps Tyrannia and Moltara went head-to-head in the first match, and the results came as no surprise. The Magmas were thoroughly swept, not for the first time, and certainly not for the last. The Fossils have achieved sweeps on all but three days of play thus far. For those keeping track at home, that's eighty-two percent of matches ending in a sweep! At least I think it is. Maths never were my strong suit.

Anyway. The next round. The Suns and the Moons came together, and the sweep that ensued wasn't terribly shocking either. Kreludor has only had one less sweep than Tyrannia, and Altador.... well, let's just say there is a lot of red in that ledger. Yikes.

Ye Olde Attack Broom Virtupets and the Haunted Woods finished things off for the Minitheus bracket. The Robots took their third sweep of the year, putting the Zombies under the broom for the... [The reporter takes a moment to scan down her notes, counting under her breath.] ...the ninth time this year. This bracket sure has been a bloodbath!

Let's see how things went with the Vaeolus bracket. Midtime, show us what you've got!

[Camera pans to Midtime.]

Absolutely! I've got a large quantity of multicoloured jelly beans, pilfered surreptitiously from the snack bowls in the break room over a period of four weeks, carefully sculpted into the shapes of realistic Neopet heads wearing expressions of supreme bliss, and glued to strings hanging from the fist of the life-size replica of Torakor of Altador you see to your right, as a gesture of silent protest against the recently increased tariffs on sugary food imports - which, by the way, directly affect the frequency with which the snack bowls aforementioned are filled.

I also have the Vaeolus bracket results! Here we go.

What it says on the tin First in the bracket, the Mermaids scored a solid 5-3 against the Wizards, showing the fruits of their consistent performance throughout the season. The Wizards, not to be outdone, seized all three side events - note especially their extraordinary margin in Make Some Noise - earning, if not a victory, at least reason to boast. The results of round four are offering us good reason to be surprised: the Cup is more than half finished, and if our favourite players did not feel particularly pressured before, now it is undoubtedly the time to bring everything they have to the Yooyuball field.

The Rooligans had a trying round, neatly tying against Darigan Citadel in the main event, but coming out on top with a flawless side-sweep. In the process of Roo Island's normal celebratory activities, team captain Lilo Blumario is reported to have swallowed an entire bowl of punch in a single gulp before going on to vehemently deny its existence. It is good to see some of the more obscure Blumaroo traditions showcased for an international audience.

on an unrelated note, i want pizza Kiko Lake, as always, show absolutely no sign of stopping or even slowing down in their relentless pursuit of victory. This latest sweep marks the -

[The reporter counts on their fingers.]

- six - er, seventeenth in their flawless season record. (My twelfth finger is a little stiff.) By now, this victory is treated with far less fanfare than it would have been for any other team: Kiko fan gatherings, for now, tend towards quiet convivial dinners rather than night-long victory parties. Shenkuu fans, meanwhile, must bear the bitter taste of defeat once more, and look to tomorrow for a break in their string of losses.

waaaatching That is all for the Vaeolus bracket! Now, speaking of tomorrow, here are the matches you should be watching.

The last time Team Altador and Team Virtupets met on the field, they were very closely matched - but the Robots took the event that mattered, and came out the winners. The Suns may well aim to turn that outcome on its head today, a prospect that seems especially possible given their recent sweep.

D'awww Both the Mermaids and the Rooligans have had one or two remarkably good days lately, and both will be striving to bring about another in today's match: it may well be time to see which of their bests is better.

Did I mention that these teams will in fact be having their matches with each other? I don't think I did. That may have caused some confusion. No? Well, good.

This has been the Altador Cup report, from Brooke and Midtime at TDN. I hope you have a wonderful evening, dear viewers! Evenings are one of Altador's most famous delicacies: it would be a shame to miss them. They are these little buns topped with pomegranates, and sweetened by - what? Oh, very well. Pax vobiscum, dear viewers, and goodbye!

punch_club_main_d1606c0f61.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).