Kikos Crack Down on Kreludan Competition

Midtime

np10_news.jpg

Greetings! Welcome back to The Daily Neopets' coverage of Altador Cup Ten! This is Brooke, reporting from the studio where my boss can keep an eye on me. I've been strictly advised not to talk about the weather today. Even though it was really interesting. Like some people I know.

So. The Alabriss bracket. Results are as follows!

Gnorbu with bandages in repose The magnificent Mummies continued to be magnificent today as they faced off against the Pirates. Lost Desert has had a sweep every day but one this year and their confidence is growing by the minute! Krawk Island hasn't been swept since the second day of competition, but today they felt that keen sting once again. Their string of decent days of play was brought to an unceremonious end by the serious stomping of the Mummies!

The next epic clash came between Shenkuu and the Darigan Citadel. The Ninjas put their heads down and dug in their heels, but the Minions took them down on the Yooyuball field. The Minions' minions were the loudest, too, but Shenkuu struck back hard for a win in Slushie Slinger. Both teams were tuckered out at the end of the day, but rallied together for a draw in Shootout Showdown.

Things are looking up here in Duloc! Again! Last up in the bracket, the Fossils completed a hat-trick of sweeps as they faced the Zombies. The Haunted Woods were swept for the fifth time this year, despite their valiant efforts to stay afloat. At this point the Zombies' hopes for a back-to-back win seem distant, but their fans' outlooks are bright nonetheless.

This is certainly shaping up to be a fascinating year! Midtime, why don't you tell us about the Minitheus bracket?

"I most certainly will, Brooke! It has been an exciting day in the Colosseum, I believe, and I have most joyously recovered my hat, which continues to do its job of shielding me from the hazardous telepathic radiation of the outside world. It has now had an extra layer of tin-foil added to the lining, and is attached to my head with duct tape for added security. I am confident that I can no longer tell what any one around me is thinking."

[Midtime pats their hat fondly, and beams.]

"On an unrelated note, I think this would be a good time to talk about the Minitheus bracket results. Let us begin.

Montecito apparently "Team Brightvale met with a sound if hard-won victory today, pushing past the Magmas' very best in one of their own finest performances on the field this season. The match was very close overall: the Magmas equalled the Wizards' performance in the shootouts and had a definitively more impressive fan presence, although supporter turnout for both sides was especially high; while the Wizards' refreshments service drew much of the audience to their side of the grandstand. According to a public statement by team captain Montecito, Team Brightvale are well aware that their troubles in the Cup are not over, and to the contrary wish to prove that their internal organs are indeed being cooked on a fireplace."

[There is an urgent, whispered exchange between the reporter and an attendant offscreen.]

"Pardon me. That was a literal interpretation of what is, in fact, a figure of speech common in the southern Brightvale area. Team Brightvale wish to prove that they have the will to succeed, and that no loss will discourage them in their mission.

What it says on the tin "Now, the Meridell Knights' spectacular clash with the Faeries today ended in their second sweep of the season - a matter of great celebration among their fans. Meridell has now claimed fourth place in the overall standings, and even as they prepare for their daunting game against the Kikos, seem to share a resolute certainty with their fans that they will do better this year than they ever have before. Alternatively, the statements that suggest this outlook may simply represent a desire to shout enthusiastically into microphones and hit many different kinds of Yooyus very hard.

"The results of Kreludor's rematch against the Kikos may be more disappointing than surprising. Kiko Lake have never yet failed to win any category in any of the matches they have played, and show no sign of losing their edge as the season runs on. Though the Moons are shaping up to be one of this season's strongest teams, they could not stave off yet another Kiko sweep. Naturally, the Moons refuse to let this put the same dent in their moods as it has in their records; they still rank second in the overall standings, and may have many more chances for a rematch.

"That is all for the Minitheus bracket. Matt will be up next, with the final set of results. I hope you enjoy your day. My cameraman is giving me a thumbs-up. Now they are gesturing at me. Now they are mouthing something. They are mouthing, 'Shut-'"

[The feed switches to Matt.]

Yes, thank you Midtime. Let's find out the results from the Vaeolus Bracket! There'll be no dawdling of any sorts tonight.

Trapper John McIntyre Results from the Vaeolus Bracket had much more variety today! The Robots were able to take the victory in Yooyuball today, and their fans turned their cheers to full blast as the Robots were also able to take Make Some Noise. However, the Suns did not go down without a fight as they were able to snag victories in the remaining side games, Slushie Slinger and Shootout Showdown. Altador Team Captain "Trapper" Remis seemed satisfied with the team's performance as he was seen heading to the locker room with a bright smile on his face.

kelp Moving on to the matchup between Maraqua and Roo Island, the Mermaids were able to take a quick lead in Yooyuball during the first half of the game. Although the Rooligans tried to make a comeback late in the second half, time was not on their side as the Mermaids were able to secure a close victory in Yooyuball. Slushies were also slung with much effort today as both teams were able to satisfy all of their customers. However, the Mermaids were able to take the victory in Slushie Slinger as the overall quality of their slushies were far superior. Have the Mermaids been taking lessons from the chefs at Kelp? Continuing on, the Rooligans were able to take the victory in Make Some Noise, proving that no matter the results, the Rooligans are always cheerful and supportive of each other. Shootout Showdown ultimately ended in a draw, as neither team could gain a significant advantage over the other.

The Chillers have continued to dominate in the Vaeolus Bracket, and they have yet to lose a game in the second round. Sweeping the Mystery Island Natives with ease in today's match, will the Chillers be able to continue this dominating performance for the remainder of the second round?

Underdogs of the tournament Faerieland and Moltara will be battling it out on the field today. The results are sure to be interesting! No one team has the advantage in today's matchup, so it'll be interesting to see which team will be the victor. The match between the lower-middle tier teams Virtupets and Mystery Island will also be an exciting one to watch. Although the Natives have a slight advantage based on previous records, the Robots are known for being a very unpredictable team. Can the Robots defeat the Natives today?

That's all for today's report. Reporting from the studio, this is Matt signing off.

tm_757.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).