not-so-newbie

shiiemi

hello!

i returned to neopets like a week ago on an impulse after not touching my account for almost 3 years.

i'm renee, i'm 16, and i live in the US. i'm on my school's speech & debate team, so i don't have a ton of time to play neo, but i've been really enjoying it since my return.

the only thing is......i'm not sure what my long term goal is?? i'm satisfied with the pets & colors that i have now, so i don't care too much about buying paintbrushes or potions- meaning i don't see much point in trying to earn a ton of neopoints, especially since i'm not really sure how to earn over 2k a day. i wrote 2 or 3 stories for the neopian times before my hiatus, so should i focus on writing??

so: any advice? ~what's the point of it all?~

besides that, just hi, i guess!! i've never been super involved in the neo community before, so i look forward to being around here! <3 <3

Welcome back :) if you enjoy writing I think you should focus on that. I personally play neopets for my gallery. I enjoy collecting things and it gives me a reason to earn neopoints and set goals. I also enjoy neopets because i can spend money on here and feel like I'm getting something without spending my real life money. As long as you enjoy what you are doing you'll find something on the site you enjoy and a reason to earn neopoints and set goals :) Have fun!

Also there are sites like this that have a list of dailies that can help you earn some neopoints or cool items.

Hey there, welcome back! It's great to here you've returned to the site after being away for so long! Some things you could focus on other than writing are restocking, collecting avatars/stamps/cards, trading pets/NC, galleries, games, and if you aren't already in a guild they are a lot of fun too! :)

Hi and welcome back!

I also returned to Neopets after a long hiatus and have been quite active ever since.

I mostly spent my days collecting avatars (just started really) and other things.

I also really like looking through user lookups and galleries to see what other people have made of it (though that's not really a goal).

Some people also like battling or collecting trophies.

You just have to find what you like the most, it's really what you make of it!

I hope you have fun here :)!

Welcome back! I do the same thing pretty regularly - a month on and a month off - but it's always fun to come back...especially with the great community here at TDN :) You might try avatar collecting - that's a great way to stay entertained on Neo.

thanks guys!! i think for now i'll focus on catching up on things i missed- trying to complete the altador plot as of now- and get involved with parts of the site that i never really touched before, like the nc mall, the battledome, or the stock market.

• 3 weeks later...