Trading Post advice

kikaown

Baby PB for Tinka (TCG)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I trade my Baby Paint Brush (600k) for a Tinka (TCG) (15 million)?

• Yes.
    • No.

I bought a Baby paint brush (600k) at the hidden tower for the avatar, and put it on trades. Someone neomailed me about offering a Tinka (TCG) on it, which is worth 15 million. I know he has it, because he has offered it, and I know it wasn't a mistake, because he neomailed me. However, there are only 7 in existence that I can find (six on trades, 1 in auctions), and I think it would be extremely hard to resell. I don't want to accept this and find out that I've lost 600k np because no one wants the card. Should I accept it?

Hmm... if it were me, I'd take the offer, resell it at an enormously reduced price (1.8 million - 10.0 million, depending on my confidence that I could resell it) that is still several times the price of the Baby Paintbrush, but much lower so that it would stand out and perhaps sell.

However, I would also only take the advice of my instincts if there were some much wiser people who would advise doing the same thing. Otherwise, I would definitely listen to the oh-so-much-wiser people than myself. In other words, don't do what I said unless some other people agree with me.

I bought a red dbike ( I think itsd red) and itrs worth like 450K, I thought I wasd smart, buying it and putting in my SDB as a super safe way to save money, except now I cant sell it :( So, yeah, it was a really bad idea

Guest EBIL Cybunny Easter!

You shouldn't have accepted the trade. I, for one, had rejected. That item is extremely HTS, and trust me, I deal with this everyday (I'm an auction sniper/RS/UB Reseller) and I can spot when a trade is good or not.

TCG's are among the most HTS items in Neopia. The higher the rarity and the lesser items that are available, the harder it is to sell it. Be prepared for really low offers.

Good luck selling it, though.

I know how hard it is to sell TCG's, I've done it before. If it weren't worth so much, I wouldn't bother. However, eventually, someone is going to buy it, no matter how long it takes.

After I accepted, I checked my neomail and found that someone else offered the exact same card on it. Weird.

I voted No because it really is going to take you a long time to sell a card like it. Or it might deflate its price and you'll lose tons of nps. There's a reason why 2 people have made the same offer and it isn't such good news. I guess the pro side is that someone might buy it for 600k so you might get your nps back.

Reading what other people have said I would have to say no because if you get it stolen by the pant devil or it deflates you wasted your money.

I know that but its just a "What If...?". But with the new alpha testing of clothes it might not... and paintbrushed might. o_O

Would be extremely HTS, but if you think you can sell it, by all means. :)

Exactly, I wouldn't do the trade unless you could find buyers. HTS are usually very hard to sell and that's somewhat of a fact.

Hah, I proved you all wrong. I sold it within 10 days for twice what I paid for it (I got a Mootix off of it).

Congratulations mate. How'd you do it?

Yes, HTS items usually are hard to sell. Thats why they are called Hard To Sell.

And to sell it, I neomailed everyone on the trading post that I was interested in every day. Eventually, someone agreed.