I know this is silly, but...

Breaziecat

...it still has been bothering me for the past couple days.

Ok, so, over six months ago my brother and I got the games Pokemon X & Y. Long story shot, we later bought some of the rarest Pokemon (I got Mew, Arceus, & Manaphy), off of the internet. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but now I think I killed my own challenge. What I mean is, what's the point of buying a game if someone played it for you? Plus, I can't help but imagine someone being so impressed if we battled and I had Mew, when all I did was buy it. That's not special. On the other hand, I already did it now, and what can I do? Give it to my brother?

I know compared to the other things that get asked here this is a very unimportant thing, but this is bothering me more than it should. I just want to enjoy this game like everyone else!

What are your thoughts about this? Should I get rid of them(and ruin any competing my brother and I had) and work/trade for them the honest way; or should I just keep them like my brother?

I know compared to the other things that get asked here this is a very unimportant thing

Amen to that :D

If I were in your clothes I'd throw them away and play the game the way I want to. Let the money you spent be a bittersweet experience :)

Well since you had bought them off the Internet and it would be a waste of money to release them into the wild you could just deposit them into the box on the PC and then if it's possible to obtain them in game by doing things then you can get another of the same pokemon that why even though you already have them I think that would still be a challenge since you can still work for them the honest way and then have 2 of the same pokemon. At least that way you can still say you did work for the pokemon.

Thank you for all of the responses you guys. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to do, though...I wish neither one of us had bought them, but I can't undo what already happened.

I'm going to sleep on it a little longer, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get rid of them.

I gave them all to my brother. Problem solved :)

Edited by Breaziecat