Coding help for user lookup?

thatlauralass

Hi there guys!

Okay, so I have a piece of artwork that I'm keen to use on my userlookup as a background.

The only issue is that it's quite long, and I'd like to make my lookup scroll horizontally instead of the default vertical scroll.

I can't find any tutorials to do this anywhere, so could someone help me please? I only really know the basics when it comes to coding so I'd have no idea how to do this without a guide of some sort.

Hey guys; I think I managed to figure out the problem; feel free to check out my userlookup and give me some feedback on it! x_x' It took a while but I think for now at least I'm happy with it.

Make your image the background of the main div. Give the div new dimensions depending on the size of the image. Say the image is 3000x1000, then:

#main {

width: 3000px;

height: 1000px;

}

Whenever the lookup now exceeds a viewer's screen size, scroll bars are automatically attached.

Okay, so... do I just use this with an existing code or...?

I'll have a go and see how I get on, thanks.

Edit:

Okay, I think I've managed to make my background scroll and whatnot... all the contents are still all over the place and not really very visible.

Edited by thatlauralass

Now you need to position the contents (divs for user info, pets, trophies etc) to fit in your new background. Have you made any lookups before so you know about this?