Legend

The Original Luna

Plot: It's just after the ice-age, set in central north america, the ice is retreating slowly, there is a dire situation forced onto the ice-age creatures... Should they go with the ice and risk a dangerous life picked off by other cretures or stay where they are and risk a same dangerous life.

(Species:

Dire-wolves

Sabre-tooths

Mammoths

Sloths (very rare)

any modern species of animal, (hare, rabbit, lynx etc...

No mutants if possible)

Place: Saskatchewan state.

Note: please don't make your catch scenes too gory or I will ask this topic to be closed.

Bio:

Name: Codagh

Species: Dire Wolf

Biography (these don't have to be detailed, but some information is required.): A rogue and a trickster, she is athletic and agile, as well as a bit vain and concerned about her appearance. Although boastful, she is good-natured and kind, always ready to help people with problems.

Codagh yawned as the dawn chorus sang over the small forested area near the river that would be known as the Saskatchewan river, the sun would soon be up and it would be hunting time soon and the herds of deer and buffalo would be on the move. Yawning slowly as she stretched her still tired muscles, Codagh went to search for her pack and their members, the Northrun Pack, to help them find their meal for the day.

Name: Buckler

Species: Deer

Biography: A young calf, Buckler is incredibly energetic and playful. He has a sister named Fawna who shares Buckler's traits as an energetic and playful deer.

Buckler stayed close by his mother as he walked along with the herd. He was well aware that he'd have to part from his mother soon enough. The herd was in search of a somewhat decent grassy field they can feed upon. As they continued walking, Buckler playfully nudged Fawna. Doing that caused his mother to give him a stern, yet gentle, look. Buckler understood that he couldn't hold the herd back, since they weren't the only ones out looking for a meal.

Codagh passed the herd of deer as she approached her pack, the Northrun pack's terriory was situated high on a hill that gave the pack equal sight of the valleys below. Running towards the members, She saw her mother Seaghdha, Caenor, her sister, Osgar-dyn, Caenor's son, and the alpha pair Frostbite and Icetor.

"Where have you been Codagh? We thought the cave-bears had got you!" scolded Seaghdha, as she stood behind the Alphas.

"I was surveying the deer herds, Alphas there are many deer young and elderly deer there, If we strike in the time when they expect it least, we'll be able to take down enough for the pack." Codagh reported.

Frostbite, the Alpha male shook his head. "We lost some territory and a few wolf-pups while you were scouting the deer herds. The Dogstar pack have taken some of our eastern boundary."

Codagh remembered, that was the best place to ambush the herds when she was young.

"Please Alphas, If we put aside this loss for the hunt, we could regain it later with wit and good-planning."

Icetor, the alpha female seemed moved.

"What is your plan Codagh?"

"Well the herds are between the north shores of the lake and the forest. If we trap them there, by weaving through the forest, we could take down many deer."

The wolf-pack moved to carry out the plan that Codagh had formed.

Later, the wolf-pack had cornered the large deer-herd by the lake, all had gone well so far, the wind was at their advantage and the deer had not noticed that the pack was closing in.

"I don't feel comfortable anymore. I think we're exposing ourself to other animals by stopping for a drink of water." said Fawna nervously to her mother. "Can't we wait for that until we finally conceal ourselves from other animals that are a threat to us?" Fawna's mother shook her head. "We've been searching for a grassy field for days, and we need to get at least some energy to continue that search. Besides, the leader of the herd is insisting that a field is close by us." Just then, an animal other than a deer was caught in the corner of Buckler's eye. His body stiffened so tightly that he could hardly move. Unfortunately, before he could respond to anything, the animals were already attacking. They were dire-wolves.

Codagh signalled from her place up front to the other wolves.

"GO!!" she howled,

The entire pack of Northrun was on the move for a meal.

Deer bolted this way and that, wolves confusing and worrying the deer to assess their abilities.

A foolhardy stag seeking to protect the herd, ran at the nearest wolf, who was Codagh and Caenor's brother.

Several of the wolves had blocked off the root to the east and west, the deer had either to bolt through the wolves to the north or make a run through it through the river where the Sabres lived.

Caenor and Icetor made a lunge at the stag, Icetor gripping onto the stag's neck.

Codagh, unaware of them had spotted a young deer with a slight wound to the rump, lunging, then missing the young doe decided to bolt across the river with the rest of the herd, leaving two dead deer and a sense of foreboding in the air.

What if the Sabres track the meat here? Codagh wondered.

The deer carcasses were soon eaten, the deer looked on in confusion and bewilderment, The wolves had killed the leader and his younger brother.

Name: Crush

Species: Sabre-tooth

Biography: He is a pure idiot.But can be the smartest in some situations.

Crush walked up to a small deer and what looked like his mother,Crush growled all but one dire-wolve left.Crush said "I hope that helps"He turned and ran into a tree.

An old adult deer looked around at the herd. "Perfect. We lost the leader AND his younger brother to a pack of dire-wolves. Thanks to the wolves, we're out of a leader and now off course. So much for food." The deer began talking amongst themselves. A deer, who seemed to be middle-aged, spoke up. "We need someone who has pretty good experience with leading and survival. Hopefully, at least someone here does. As for myself, I'd probably wouldn't be best for the job." Buckler had a expression filled with fear on his face. "What's going to happen?" he asked nervously. Buckler's Mother turned her attention towards him. "A new leader should come up soon. I hope...."

(( (Note: you can add a second character) I'm going to add another character, to make the rp a bit more roleplayed:

Name: Kulitan

Species: Elk (moose)

Biography: This large, well muscled moose travels far, but has his own family, which is safe in the south. He has a scar on his neck where a Sabre tried to attack him.))

Kulitan stood aloof by his patch of grass where he ate his meal of grass. Kneeling down, the moose grazed a while. Later, he heard the sound of many hooves. Sticking his head up, he saw a flock of deer.

Standing up again slowly, he warned the nearest few deer,

"You deer should watch out. There are Sabres and Bears in these woods, as well as Wolves. Why are you in this part of the forest?" he said slowly.

The deer ignored him. So Kulitan ignored them, and continued grazing.

Buckler looked confused as everyone basically ignored the elk and continued walking on. He whispered to his sister, Dawn. "Why don't we ask him if he wants to join our herd and become the leader?" he asked her. Dawn replied, "Look, Buckler, that's an elk. Or a moose, to put it bluntly. Although a moose is part of the deer family, I highly doubt that he would like to lead a species different that him." Buckler thought for a moment. Suddenly, he steered from the herd for a second and walked towards the elk.

Kulitan saw the young deer approach him.

"I don't want to be teased or poked at. I am only warning you of the danger of the forest beyond. How else did I get this scar? I don't want one of your herd falling prey to a predator because I didn't warn you. Now, go back to your herd." he said firmly but friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Buckler looked firmly at the elk.

"That's just the thing, sir. Two members from my herd did fall prey to predators. A Dire-wolf pack, actually. What's worse about that the two killed members is that one of them was the leader of the herd, and the other was the leader's brother. You can imagine how confusing it could be without a leader."

Quickly glancing at the elk's scar, Buckler spoke up again. "No offense or anything, but I think that scar makes you look really tough! To tell you the truth, the reason why I came to you was because I was wondering that maybe... you could be my herd's temporary leader until we find a new one."

Kulitan momentarily looked like he would laugh.

"Did your mother ever explain about why Deers and Elk don't mix?" Without bothering to wait for the Deer's response, "Deer have herds. Elk have harems."

Kulitan paused. He saw a shadow moving in the grass behind them.

"You should go back, they'll be worrying about anything... Even rogue Sabres."

Kulitan shook his fur,

"I won't join your herd, I'll stay at a distance. Otherwise, incidents may occur."

Then he went away to graze as the deer stood at a distance in the clearing.

The sun was setting and the wolves went to sleep, but Codagh couldn't sleep, nervous, she went to relieve old Comet of his guard duty.

Comet looked out to the forest below.

"Is everything alright Comet? You seem far-away."

"There is danger in the forest tonight. Two dangers, one in the far south, and one an always present foe.."

"What is that then?"

"Who are they. The ones who attacked the pack three years ago in the south."

"Sabres?"

Comet nodded. "They're headed north, to the river boundary. They want to get meat... and revenge."

"Why revenge?" asked Codagh.

"Because of what the wolf packs did two years ago. We killed their alpha or lead cat... They want to starve us into submission."

"But why across the river? What's so important over the river?"

"Better hunting grounds, Mammoths, Moose and Caribou."

"Don't they know wolves eat anything?"

"They might..." then Comet went back to the den, leaving Codagh on duty.

Buckler lowered his head and stared at the ground.

His ears twitched as he heard a familiar voice calling out for him. It was his mother.

"Buckler." said his mother firmly. "When you drifted away from the herd, everyone had to stop to look for you! Why, after we lost our leader and his brother to dire-wolves, we began wondering if maybe you fell victim to them too! Please, son. It's late at night and who knows what else comes out at this hour. Just cooperate with everyone as we find a nice and safe place to stay for the night."

Buckler stood quiet.

"It's going to be alright. We just need to organize the herd and find a new leader. The herd will be as good as new." Buckler's mother said with a calm and gentle smile.

"This elk..." began Buckler.

"Elk?"

"Yeah, I saw this tough looking elk and asked him if he wanted to be our herds leader. Even a temporary one."

"I see...."

Buckler's mother went quiet for a few seconds.

"The elk rejected the offer, I assume."

"Yeah."

"Let's get back to the herd."

With a quick smile, Buckler followed his mother to rejoin the herd.

Early Morning, and the Codagh was replaced by Duskstar.

"I'm just going to get some water."

Then after a while she diverted to the Deer-herd.

All safe. Phew. The Sabres didn't launch an attack.

Then as she turned around, she saw three sets of golden eyes, shrieking, she ran into the herd, scattering the herd as the sabres launched an attack.

Codagh struggled against the Sabre's strong bite.

She saw that there was one thing that the Sabre had not bargained on- her sister Caenor.

Caenor had followed her secretly, and she leapt onto the back of the sabre. Biting his neck-scruff, she made a deep wound on the back. Trying to dodge the sabre's attacks, Caenor helped distract the sabre from Codagh who had been dropped when Caenor had attacked the sabre. Codagh ran away to her pack, then feeling guilty, she looked back for Caenor.

Caenor did not come. And the Sabres were edging ever closer.

Due to the scattering of the deer herd, Dawn and Buckler were separated from their mother.

"Not again." the mother sighed.

"Relax, Rose." replied a middle-aged female Deer.

"You know it's tough to relax at this time. I mean, I can't keep getting separated from from my children. And knowing that our leader and his brother were killed earlier sure isn't that helpful. Not to mention that the reason for the herd's separation was due to the fighting of a dire-wolf and a saber-tooth."

"It certainly is tough." said the doe. "We just gotta survive."

Rose looked puzzled. "I'm going to look for my children and hope for the best..."