Round 4 Sweeps By, Ceiling Tile Prices Rise

Midtime

1699.gif

"Hello and welcome back! This is Lydia, reporting from The Daily Neopets' newsroom. Apologies if I seem distracted as I'm also overseeing the construction to repair the faulty ceiling tiles and the replacement of the broken desk.

[The camera pans to someone with a mop tapping the ceiling tiles in succession with the handle. A few break open, dropping a rock, a box of red pens and a soggy cardboard box. The mop wielder looks at Lydia.]

"I'm not opening that. And… a rock?"

"I'll open that later… I think Austin said he stores the extra cameramen up there? Last year was kind of a sleep deprived blur. Just… watch your head."

[He grunts incomprehensibly and goes back to testing tiles.]

sad faerie kyrii "Anyway, I'll start off tonight's report with the Alabriss Bracket. The Faeries fought tooth and nail yesterday, struggling on all four fronts against the Knights. However, Faerieland's spirit wasn't enough to stand up against the might of the Knights, and Meridell managed to sweep them. Faerieland's supporters have reassured us that they still hope to break through into one of the higher tiers.

triumphant krawk island krawk "The Lost Desert has also had a rough season, with today's series of close matches that ended in losses in the side games and a draw in Yooyuball.

[There's another crash and the camera jerks to a collapsed ladder and a large pile of rocks on the floor.]

"Is there anyone under that?!"

"No, we were clear."

[The image pans back a little shakily to Lydia.]

herr benneveldt"Okay. Let's wrap this up so we can get back to putting the newsroom in order. Someone remind me to have some strong words with Austin when - if - we find him.

"The last matchup of the bracket - Mystery Island and Terror Mountain - ended in a landslide sweep on Mystery Island's behalf. It - [Another sounds jerks the camera's attention to a different side of the room, this time to a pile of fake moustaches under a broken tile.]

"Just… go to Midtime, please."

[Cut to the Colosseum. Midtime is contemplating a life-sized cardboard cutout of a rock.]

Oh! I'm on. Er. Greetings, viewers! I'm here with the results from the Cardboard, er, the Minitheus Bracket. Let me just find somewhere to put this thing...

tough techo "Tyrannia followed their astounding victory against Moltara with a still-remarkable draw against the Haunted Woods. Following the recent matches, the Zombies seem secure at the very top of the standings, and are fiercer opponents even than the Magmas; the eyes of fans from both teams were positively riveted to the field today, and while I can never really tell what's going on, it seems that the Fossils have exceeded all expectations, drawing even with the Zombies, to uproarious effect among the lookers-on. The Haunted Woods' thorough wins across the side games were almost ignored by comparison.

the only normal person on this team "Virtupets have had a more pedestrian day, however. Altador, though forever positive, were simply bested at every turn by the Robots' dual offence; nor could they quite hold a candle to their side game scores. In the wake of the sweep, the Suns are unshaken - they have determined that their Slushie Slinger win against Krawk Island will not be their last taste of victory this season.

he's PURPLE "And Moltara seem to have gotten back on their feet again, crushing in total Kreludor's hopes of an upset to match Tyrannia's, with a Yooyuball score of 7-5 - unprecedented in Moltara's history - showing they've learned their lesson after yesterday's mortifying 5-4 finish. Moon supporters are discouraged by the loss, with many looking to their impressive round three matches as evidence that they have the capacity to do far better. Team captain Derlyn Fonnet, however, remains confident that the Moons may yet climb to a higher placement in the few matches that remain.

"And that's all for today, dear viewers! Thank you very much for watching - oh. Vaeolus. Right.

"I'll pass you on to Brooke, then, who by the process of elimination is probably doing the Vaeolus Bracket, to give you the final results. Why do I still have this cardboard rock?"

Thank you, Midtime! Always a pleasure to see you work. This is Brooke, reporting from the field, as Lydia sort of... shooed me out, in hopes that we could avoid further property damage. As long as she doesn't find out about the wireless microphone I accidentally dropped in a puddle earlier, we're golden. Luckily we had a spare, so I'm ready to report on the Vaeolus Bracket!

SKITTLES The sweeps continued as Brightvale faced off against Kiko Lake today. While the Wizards have shown a particular aptitude for Yooyuball so far this year, the Kikos bested them on the field. The "bouncing skittles," as they've occasionally been called, edged out the Wizards in all three side events as well, with a particularly devastating 4-1 victory in Make Some Noise.

bruces aren't supposed to be scary This bracket has proved beneficial for the Darigan Citadel thus far, and today was no exception, as they swept the Shenkuu Ninjas with a consistent score of six in every game. With their scores in the three and four area lately, the Ninjas hardly stood a chance against the Minions' generally higher scores. Today's match brings the Darigan Citadel their fifth sweep of the Cup. It will be interesting to see if they can net one against Maraqua in their upcoming match.

sad acara Speaking of Maraqua, they went up against Roo Island for the third time yesterday, and the Mermaids were once again unable to stand up to the solid trouncing dealt out. Like last time they faced off, Maraqua tied with Roo Island in Yooyuball, but fell to the higher skill levels of the Rooligans in all three side events. Roo Island has really stepped things up this round. We'll see if they continue to excel!

Tomorrow two sets of powerhouse teams will be facing off. Kreludor will take on the Haunted Woods, and Virtupets will face Tyrannia. The sparks are sure to fly as they duke it out for the lead. Be sure to check back in with us tomorrow to hear the results! This is Brooke for the Daily Neopets team, hoping Lydia will let me back inside soon, as those clouds are looking rather ominous. I mean... signing off!

weather_heavyrain.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).