Nay for Freezing Rain!

Novelista

Winter be like: You tink I be done and then I goes and freezes ur rain, so you falls down da stairs and cries and uses da f-word a bunch! (And I laughs at you!)

I knew the rain was going to freeze today. But it didn't sound like it was freezing yet (no telltale clinky noises on the window), so I wore the shoes without much tread on them (instead of my non-slip workshoes).

You know those situations where you're like, "I'm going to fall!" and you keep walking anyway? Yeah, when I got back into the house, I thought, "Why did I keep trying to go down the stairs if I knew I was going to fall?" But my only answer was that I could've just as easily fallen back up the stairs as I did sliding down.

Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be able to get back up the stairs until my dad got home and could bring me the right shoes; but this time, I used both rails and took my time and...now I get to stay home today. (Did I wish too hard? :P )