I'm back! :)

lilllisan

Hiya! I can't believe it's been almost a year since I was last active here! I've been super busy with life. (Both good things and bad things!) The main reason I kind of gave up on this forum and neopets is because my computer charger broke! Turns out macbook chargers aren't really that cheap and I never really got around to getting a new one. If I ever needed to do stuff online my ipad worked great, and my school is so ancient we never type assignments.

Luckily I had a bit of money over and I finally got around to getting a new charger! So here I am! :D I don't think I'll be super active though, I'm a bit confused atm because I've missed so much. But at least there is some kind of plot going on (?) so I'm super excited about being back!!! :thumbsup:

Great.. I have a Mac air.. lol Hope nothing happens to the charger :sad02:

But I do have an iPhone and the headphone that came with the phone, broke and when I went to buy them, they were $30.. so Apple loves making things overpriced! :sick02:

Welcome! Both to you and to Grenthine.

I'm a newbie, more or less, to TDN.

If you and laceew don't mind me asking... is a Mac really that awesome? I've used PCs forever. Macs are so expensive in comparison, but I really hate Microsoft and would like to get out from their strangehold. Are Macs really worth the price? (Does anyone know if they can take a GeForce graphics card?)

Welcome! Both to you and to Grenthine.

I'm a newbie, more or less, to TDN.

If you and laceew don't mind me asking... is a Mac really that awesome? I've used PCs forever. Macs are so expensive in comparison, but I really hate Microsoft and would like to get out from their strangehold. Are Macs really worth the price? (Does anyone know if they can take a GeForce graphics card?)

I adore my mac! The programs almost never stop responding, it doesn't take a thousand years to boot and it still hasn't gotten noticeably slower since the day I got it! :) It's pretty easy to clean and the keys don't fall off. Small things like that makes me a happy macbook owner. They are pretty expensive, but I'm counting on it lasting for a couple of years. But then again it's not a gaming computer and you'd probably be better of building your own pc if you want a really good computer (?) (at least that's what I've heard from my friends!) o_O

I agree with lilllisan I have I love my mac! My mac is so light! I have an HP laptop as well and although I love them both, my mac is lighter and so I use it when I take it to class. My hp would weigh down my backpack so much that my back would hurt by the second class. But my mac is so light that I don't feel it. I forget I have it. But there is a program that I use that is only on my HP laptop but I have found an alternative on the mac. But also, on ^^ her note, I have cleared my HP to where all my stuff (pictures, music, etc) is off of it, hoping it would go faster. It still takes 5 minutes to turn on or turn off and it takes time to open the internet as well. But with my mac, it takes 10 seconds to turn on and turn off and less than that to open safari. Plus, I have an iphone and ipad so when I update my calendar or my contacts on those electronics, they update my mac as well and it takes a load off when I don't have to worry about changing so much when someone's email changes. I also love Microsoft Word on the mac. There is a feature that you can use the "notebook" view where you are actually typing into a notebook that has sections. Microsoft Word on the Windows computers do not have that. Microsoft OneNote is essentially that but (macs cannot have onenote) I don't have to switch programs (or copy and paste into word) to see in it letter format. But all in all, I love my mac. But I wouldn't get rid of my windows either. There are things I like about both.