Finally on the Forum!

Neechan

Hi! I've used TDN for years now and it's helped me keep my dailies in order and the avatar guide is always the first thing I've hit when I've had to make a new account. (This is my third Neopets main account... sadly my first from waaaay back before Battle for Meridell was purged. Frowny Face.)

I've never been much of a forum-goer, except for on the Neoboards themselves, but I was reading on Avatar lending (not something I'd personally do, because... well I'm too nervous to try) and it mentioned these forums so I figured it was time to give it a try. I hope I can become part of this community :*

About me? Well I'm almost 22 years old... I'm a serious Marvel fan and I know everything there is to know about DC's Robin. I draw and I've attempted to learn every instrument there is to learn. One of my favourite things is studying languages. I used to be semi-fluent in Japanese and I've been learning Italian lately. Thanks Rosetta Stone! I am an everflowing source of useless knowledge (did you know that if Mjolnir {Thor's Hammer} was made out of what they say it is, it would be heavier than 300 Billion Elephants!?) and every once and a while some useful knowledge! I've been playing Neopets since around Y2K but I've never been able to get a plot avatar because I always happen to stop playing Neopets during the plots. I'm usually active on the Help chat on the Neoboards when I'm not playing games and Key Quest~

tl;dr

I'm new here! I've been playing Neopets off-and-on since Y2K! Let's be friends!

Hello Neechan! Welcome to TDNF! I never joined a forum until this one, and it's served me well so far! ;) I didn't know that about Mjolnir! That explains why Thor was the only one who could wield it! :O At any rate, it's very nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy your time here with us! ^_^

Hi Neechan, I'm also relatively new, but seen this post and thought I'd pop in and say hi, and welcome!

This forum is a great community, and I'm sure you'll get to learn that as the time goes on. I'm also on the Help chat, quite often actually. So I'll see you around!

Welcome!
I do love these forums, I've taken a few breaks from them every now and then but always come crawling back.
The people here are always so kind, and helpful.

I always wondered about Mjolnir.
If I remember correctly there's a scene in one of the Thor movies, I'm not sure which one, Where he hangs it from a key-rack/Hat rack. I always wondered how it didn't completely tear the rack down...

300 billion elephants?! *faint*

Meanwhile, I tried RS, but I basically wasted my money, because I didn't want anyone to hear me speaking aloud, so I never used it. (Or thought about it.) Plus, I thought it was pretty awkward to learn the words, then the letter sounds/dipthongs. The first thing we learned in high school Spanish--even before "hello"--was how to pronounce each letter.

Wow, hi everyone! Didn't expect so many responses. It looks like everyone here is pretty nice so far. Now I just have to get over my fear of posting. :) Okay let me just do a quick reply to everyone ^^

@ Gren - Thor, and at one point Captain America was given the ability to weild it, too. Not sure how that Asgardian magic works but it grants worthy users the strength!

@ Brit - Hope to see you there! I'll have to be more active to give you the chance to catch me ^^

@ Atta - I don't remember that but I believe you. Seriously, at how much it weighs I'm surprised it didn't knock the Earth off its Axis at the very least when it crashed down~

@ light - The people here certainly do seem really kind. I'm excited to be here.

@ ineedalifeplease - I was considering French for my next one. Or German. Though German is scary. You know the saying, 'You can say anything in German and it will sound angry.'

@ Sweet - Yup! 300 Billion! Imagine getting whacked by that! Well from what I gather, it helps you learn the sounds the letters make while teaching you words. Combining the two steps to make the process go quicker. I used a trial for Japanese once and learned more from that than I did from my teachers in school. But it is really awkward... I only use it at night when everyone else is sleeping >>

@ Hali - Anyone can learn languages if they put the time in! I hope you get the chance to learn more in the future ^^

Nice to meet you all!!