Kickstarter for Alteil Horizons

wakka9ca

For those of you who are interested in playing a free-to-play online trading card games with a very high emphasis on skill and strategy, there is a recent Kickstarter for Alteil Horizons:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/978065956/alteil-horizions

For those of you not familiar with Alteil. Alteil was a game originally released in Japan in 2004 and came to North America in 2008. Alteil Horizons is a "reboot" of the game with completely overhauled graphics and system and aim to get a larger playerbase.

As someone who still plays Magic the Gathering (MTG) (for more than 10 years) and has played YGO, Pokemon, Duel Masters and other TCG/CCG games in the past, I can say Alteil's gameplay mechanics are truly unique. Unlike most card game, you do not draw cards! You have full access to your entire deck right from the beginning. In other words, this is a "tactical" card game. The cards you play can be spells or units. The units you play act like characters/units in a traditional turn-based tactical RPG with full stats and set of abilities. Your resources, represented by SP is not lost by playing the units, Instead, you can reclaim the resources after your unit dies.

Also, the artwork is really stunning. You can see the full card list in the following link:

http://cards.apocoplay.com/

I am spreading the word just to attract more people that might be interested in backing the project. Sorry if this sounds too much like advertisement but I hope we can get more players. Please ask any questions if you are interested (or ask directly in the official KS comment section if you decide to pledge)